What's new

Floris Summer Limes

Greetings gents,

Just thought I'd give a brief review of Floris Summer Limes EDT. I've never tried the regular Limes by Floris - it's hard to get a hold of samples. BUT, I did manage to find a decanted sample of Summer Limes on eBay. It came in a roll-on applicator. Overall, a very nice (but extremely subtle) lime essence. pretty much straight-up lime, a lot like Trumper. Just as most of us would expect, it's pretty weak on the staying power. Gone in a matter of minutes. Just like a nice fireworks display. Kind of a shame because it's a pretty nicely-done Lime EDT. I give up on Lime scents ... the best I've come across so far is Taylors (which I might go back to) and St. John's Bay - which is equally as fleeting.

David,

Good decision to go back to Taylors. It has staying power. There is no subtleness about it; you know you are wearing limes. A perfect compliment to Taylors Lemon Lime cream or CF limes cream or QED lime soap.

Wear with confidence!

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

Today I "accidentally" splashed on a little too much Casswell-Massey Limes. (alright, I knew when I tipped the bottle over I was going for the gusto) :biggrin:

Don't regret it a bit. The stuff has smelled great all morning and into the afternoon.

I hadn't realized before that it also has a basenote of Sandalwood.

It's now about 5 hours after I put some on and it still has some citrus to it, with a strong basenote of sandalwood.

Strongly recommended. :thumbup1:

KUJO said:
Today I "accidentally" splashed on a little too much Casswell-Massey Limes. (alright, I knew when I tipped the bottle over I was going for the gusto) :biggrin:

Don't regret it a bit. The stuff has smelled great all morning and into the afternoon.

I hadn't realized before that it also has a basenote of Sandalwood.

It's now about 5 hours after I put some on and it still has some citrus to it, with a strong basenote of sandalwood.

Strongly recommended. :thumbup1:

Interesting, I found the CM Lime to have more of a spicy citrus base more than anything else. I find that you get a nice Lime note right off the top with CM but it quickly transforms into what I would consider a spicy citrus base with not much Lime essence at all. I can't wear any CM scent anymore - for some reason they all seem to give me a splitting headache.

All the CM scents are VERY strong and long lasting from what I've experienced. Only a good thing though if you actually like the fragrance you're wearing.

Glad you like CM Limes ...

- Dave

djr7572 said:
I can't wear any CM scent anymore - for some reason they all seem to give me a splitting headache.

All the CM scents are VERY strong and long lasting from what I've experienced. Only a good thing though if you actually like the fragrance you're wearing.

Glad you like CM Limes ...

- Dave

I've had very good luck with them. The strongest is the Sandalwood. It also gave me a splitting headache the first time I wore it (may have been flashbacks from college dorm rooms with burning incense back in the 70s).

The Newport is an awesome cologne; one of my all time favorites. I got 2 bottles of it back in December when the CM website went psycho; the site offered them for free by paying shipping. The company honored the mess-up and I use the Newport as often as I can.

Top Bottom