What's new

Floris Santal AS Lotion (splash)?

Has anyone used the Floris Santal AS Lotion (the splash, not the balm) for it's AS properties rather than just the scent? If so, can you comment on it's performance. I'm especially interested in how it compares other splashes such as Musgo and Proraso. Thanks!

Mike

It is nice stuff. I think the Santal scent smells even better in this formulation than it does in cologne form. Very little sting, decent moisturizing properties for an alcohol-based splash. Not as good as Musgo Real, but still an excellent product.

The Floris balms are highly under-rated. Excellent excellent products. I have the JF version (as well as the splash), but not the Santal.

I have the JF and Santal splashes available to try, as well as the JF balm. Follow the links in my sig line as usual.

It is nice stuff. I think the Santal scent smells even better in this formulation than it does in cologne form. Very little sting, decent moisturizing properties for an alcohol-based splash. Not as good as Musgo Real, but still an excellent product.

The Floris balms are highly under-rated. Excellent excellent products. I have the JF version (as well as the splash), but not the Santal.

I have the JF and Santal splashes available to try, as well as the JF balm. Follow the links in my sig line as usual.

Scotto - Do you think the balm is better than the splash?

Hard to say, since they are two different beasts. I like them both very much. This time of year, the balm might be a good one to try.

Keep in mind that if you are looking to buy a bottle, now is not a good time. It is expensive stuff, and they usually go on sale at Floris' twice yearly sales.

Hard to say, since they are two different beasts. I like them both very much. This time of year, the balm might be a good one to try.

Keep in mind that if you are looking to buy a bottle, now is not a good time. It is expensive stuff, and they usually go on sale at Floris' twice yearly sales.

Scotto -- I don't have a retailers in my area that sell Floris. So I was looking at www.shoplondons.com. They've got both the Splash and the Balm for $52 each. So when and where is the Twice Yearly Sale?

There is a summer sale and another one typically in the fall sometime. You can get the splashes for 50% typically.

Funny, I started this thread quite some time back and it has kind of come full circle. I bought some Santal AS, decanted a little bit into an atomizer, and used it a few times. It worked well, but I'm not crazy about the scent. As a result of this, I'll probably be putting a nearly unused bottle of it up for sale. Keep an eye out in the sale forum.

I bought the 2 pack, Balm and Cologne, both 3.4 ounces from www.perfumedistributor.com and it came to $49.99 for both products.

The Aftershave balm is quite nice, and I'd put it up there with the Issey D'Miyake Aftershave balm for longevity (scentwise). Moisturizing properties seem to be good, but I haven't used it enough to make a firm conviction as to its abilities. I mainly use it when I plan on wearing the Santal cologne, and have found it also layers well with Gucci Envy, and Creed Original Santal.

I bought the 2 pack, Balm and Cologne, both 3.4 ounces from www.perfumedistributor.com and it came to $49.99 for both products.

The Aftershave balm is quite nice, and I'd put it up there with the Issey D'Miyake Aftershave balm for longevity (scentwise). Moisturizing properties seem to be good, but I haven't used it enough to make a firm conviction as to its abilities. I mainly use it when I plan on wearing the Santal cologne, and have found it also layers well with Gucci Envy, and Creed Original Santal.

I put in an order today with Perfume Distributor. So hopefully I will like all these products. Wish me luck! :smile: I'll post my results after the products arrive.

Received my Santal Splash and Balm. Excellent stuff, the Splash especially, not I'm partial to splashes, so I'm probably not being as fair as another would be.
Scotto's right, the Splash isn't as good as Musgo Real, but IMO Musgo Real is the finest aftershave known to man and this stuff is close, so I'm extremely impressed. I really love this splash!
The balm is very good and soothing and helps ease razor rash, excellent in its own right.

Received my Santal Splash and Balm. Excellent stuff, the Splash especially, not I'm partial to splashes, so I'm probably not being as fair as another would be.
Scotto's right, the Splash isn't as good as Musgo Real, but IMO Musgo Real is the finest aftershave known to man and this stuff is close, so I'm extremely impressed. I really love this splash!
The balm is very good and soothing and helps ease razor rash, excellent in its own right.

Tim, do you have a listing of ingredients in the Floris splash?

Thanks.

I bought the same.

I like the EDT very well. The balm has good moisturizing properties but using it after an alum block is a problem for me. I'm not sure how to describe this, but it doesn't spread out smoothly. It rolls up into little shreds. Kind of looks like wiping your face with lint. I think this is an interaction between the alum and the balm.

I dug out my box for ya'll:

Alcohol denat, aqua (water), Hamamelis Virginiana (witch hazel distillate), Parfum, (fragrance), glycerin, trideceth-0, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, benzophenone-2, and a bunch of FD&C colors

I dug out my box for ya'll:

Alcohol denat, aqua (water), Hamamelis Virginiana (witch hazel distillate), Parfum, (fragrance), glycerin, trideceth-0, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, benzophenone-2, and a bunch of FD&C colors

Thanks Scotto, looks to be a pretty decent compilation of stuff :thumup1:

For those that are wondering... The Chanel's and Creeds on that site also appear to be genuine. They have pretty good pricing (best I'd seen)

Top Bottom