What's new

Florida water

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Anyone care to share their feelings regarding Murray & Lanman Florida Water?

Very light fragrance, not very long lasting, VERY inexpensive, and rather refreshing to me. In the summertime it just seems to go well with a golf cap, hawaiian shirt, khaki shorts and birkenstocks. It is a different sort of fragrance. If you google it, you'll find some interesting uses for it and some words about it's origin. Apparently it has some mystical powers in the field of voodoo :eek: . It burns if you use it as an a/s splash, maybe the spices are excising the bad shave demons. Anyway, it's like $3-4, what the hell pick up a bottle and if you don't like it then you haven't lost much. Not very often we get a chance to try something in our hobby so cheaply.

Jeff

Scotto said:
Smells like urine on me.... :18:

Aren't you glad you asked? :redface:
Scotto,
More than we needed to know! ARGH!:001_rolle I think we've been here before.
Now to Murray and Lanman's Florida Water, it is a pleasant citrus (mostly orange) splash. Very light and casual. One thing you will note is that many of the fragrance preps for tropical and semi-tropical areas tend to be light, ergo not especially long-lasting.

I personally love this product - I use it almost nightly. A dominant element I detect is cloves. Give it a try. If you don't like it, you're only out $5.

Scotto said:
Smells like urine on me.... :18:

Aren't you glad you asked? :redface:

Scotto,

Come on...tell us how you really feel! :lol:

I like it for summertime use...very refreshing, in fact, almost cooling. Wal Mart SuperCenters have it for less that $4 bucks, and it's a great buy at that price.

Randy

Rik said:
I personally love this product - I use it almost nightly. A dominant element I detect is cloves. Give it a try. If you don't like it, you're only out $5.
Actually, the truth be known, it reminds me of Constant Comment Tea..

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Rik said:

It's only two bucks at Pasteur's, so it's not a matter of money. I'm just not interested in trying it if it's swill.

ouch said:
It's only two bucks at Pasteur's, so it's not a matter of money. I'm just not interested in trying it if it's swill.
Well, the difference between swill and swell is an "E for the I." The bottom line is personal preference. Inexpensive doesn't necessarily mean poor; as costly doesn't necessarily mean good.

I personally like the stuff. I'm not sure it is short lived though. I can smell it on my hands most of the day and I am sure I can smell it on me at least half the day. It's not something i want to wear everyday...but I pull it out every now and then. It's not sophisticated, but it gets the job done.

I find it to be sickly sweet, and burns like hellfire, for no reason. It's one of the few AS, that I really do not like.

I like Florida water but I don't use it much for aftershave. I use it around the house for an air freshener. I keep a bottle in my truck for the same reason and I will slap some on occasionallY. I made an order on the 17th from their new website and I have emailed them twice since then asking if they had shipped it and still have not heard from them. I used PayPal so they got their money right away. I am about ready to start a dispute through PayPal. They don't seem to have a very good website.

Love it. Smells close to Coke. I'm using the Peruvian 270ml plastic bottle. This one is different from the Florida Water (230ml) and it calls Agua de Florida. People says this one has more species and better alcohol base. Perhaps that's why is used as "Methaphysical" water in rituals.
Love it. Smells like Coke (citrusis, vanilla, ilang ilang). Cheap cologne, not bad cologne. Many people dislikes it. I'm not with that crew. Love it.
Florida Water - Wikipedia

I enjoy it. Available at my local grocery store for around 3 dollars. I use it as an after shower splash in warm weather to refresh with when the day winds down. After working in the yard or garage, go and have a shower, then splash liberally with Florida Water, and I'm ready to relax - have a drink, fix dinner, whatnot.

I love the orangey smell of Florida Water and I have found it lasts a couple hours with a little splash of water to revive it. However, it's best mixed 1 part FW and 2 parts Old Spice. That is a summer scent that is like no other.

I use it as a before bed splash in the summer. It doesn't have any cooling properties, but it's a nice light scent to drift off to sleep with in the warm months.

Top Bottom