What's new

Florida Water/Agua Floral

I was working in a small market style store today and saw these two items together on the shelf. Can someone explain what these are? What they are like to use?

The store wasn't open yet so I couldn't purchase them but I am not sure what or how to use it. Is it just an aftershave and I still need an edt?

I understand I am probably asking way too many questions on an aftershave but I see in searching people here use it and I am probably kinda excited that in my town of 8800 people I may get to purchase a shaving item locally.

TIA

KM

I have Forida Water and while it was introduced as a cologne water in the 1800s, I use it as an aftershave. High alcohol content, so nice "burn" after a shave. The scent is nice and doesn't last like you'd think a cologne would.

I can't speak to Aqua Floral.

High alcohol content, so nice "burn" after a shave. The scent is nice and doesn't last like you'd think a cologne would.

+1
Dog Whiskerer knows his Florida Water. Mine will probably see more use come summer. The high alcohol cools as well as burns. If you want a lasting scent an EdT or EdC will be required with FW. Hope you report back on the AF.

Ok well I will have to go back when they open and try buy one.

I figured they were the same thing the way they had them on the shelf but that doesn't seem to be the case in reading here.

They weren't large bottles, 6oz I think. But they were priced under 5 bucks so I can make myself think they are good deals.

I will stop back in and see when they plan to officially open their business.

Thanks

KM

Love Florida water. Have used it for years. I use it for a aftershave and after shower splash-on. Cools me down in this Florida heat. Cheap on the bay

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Love it. Very refreshing. I even carry a bottle in my truck for a refresher and I spritz a little on the truck carpet every so often after I vacuum it. It smells so good.

Just used FW for the first time this year. I usually mix it with Old Spice. I think the two together are really special. I would imagine that agua floral is in the same family

So it is a "splash" then and not Soo much a cologne?

Do they make a cologne. I ask as I am seeming a comment about spritzing carpets in a truck.

KM

Add a little glycerin for a great (but short-lived) AS. Sprinkle it around the house to drive out evil spirits. Stockpile it as an alternative hand sanitizer.

Be careful Florida Water goes all the back to Juan Ponce de Leon. So it holds a lot of VooDoo.

I only use it in VooDoo rituals here in the shave den. Have some dolls made of some of the YouTube shavers and yes they often get a little nick in the videos they make in the following days after I have had Den-Ritual.

"Florida Water" is an old-style "Eau de Cologne" fragrance made with Essential oils. It often contains citrus head notes of Bergamot and Lemon with middle notes of Lavender and Geranium and spice notes of Clove, Cinnamon and it made its debut in the 1800's and was used by both men and women!

It’s a real burner due to the alcohol content, for me anyhow. Not too bad, but a nice quick burn compared to the bay rum burn that sneaks up on you and lasts a couple of minutes.

For me, Florida Water is a cologne. I tried but can't deal with it as an aftershave, even with glycerin added. I have mixed it with Aqua Velva and with Old Spice, and the results of each are nice. On it's own, the stuff smells so good. Likely the best value in perfumery at a bit over $3 at Walmart in the ethnic section of their Health and Beauty department.

Here in the frozen tundra I doubt our Wally World has ethnic section in the beauty area. I will most certainly gander through there though. This was located in a small Mexican "general" store.

I have splashed it on after a shave once now. I do like the scent. I feel it don't last very long but I am. It sure if I just grow use to it. I splashed it after work Friday as I knew I wasn't leaving the house. I like it then too.

I will be using it some through the summer just now sure where it fits in just yet.

KM

FW worked for me! Lots of fun! Lavender and florals! Altho ultimately sold to share with others!

florida water revisor pabst oct 9 2013-8604-Edit.jpg

Just add glycerin for a fine AS!

Agua Floral is a copy, made by the Miami-based Crusella family. Both good.

I just bumped a thread in Fragrances, Crazy Cuban Colognes. More there.

AA

How much glycerin to my standard (7oz?) FW bottle would you recommend?

I have been pretty haphazard with glycerin in concocting homebrew AS. The FW might be a good test bed, try to get the titration dialed in.

Top Bottom