What's new

Florida Water/Agua Floral

Ad Astra

The Instigator
How much glycerin to my standard (7oz?) FW bottle would you recommend?

I have been pretty haphazard with glycerin in concocting homebrew AS. The FW might be a good test bed, try to get the titration dialed in.

I'd start with not much! Also, until you have an idea, decant into something else and try! You can't get it back out ... But once when I did just that, I got another bottle of same aftershave and diluted the tacky bottle for the win!

AA

To me, that seems high, but as we say, YMMV.

Think I added 12 drops per bottle, but that's a hazy recollection.

AA
I started to feel a little bit of tackiness at 7 drops per oz. similar to Masters bay rum. But I add nothing in the warmer months.....

Thanks guys! I have a starting point.

I will split out 2 Oz of Florida Water, start with 4 drops and work my way up drop by drop. I suppose there are various concentrations of glycerin on the market, so a careful approach should work to calibrate with the glycerin I found in the supply cabinet.

I will admit to using Cornhuskers (high glycerin content) for an ingredient of my first AS/balm experiment. I guess I thought the other ingredients would mask Cornhuskers distinctive scent. Wrong, especially with the amount of Cornhuskers I poured in.

Top Bottom