What's new

Florena shaving cream

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Anyone else really likes this cream? I think it's very good. Really enjoyed it.

s-l500.jpg

a former east german brand with long history.
i've enjoyed their tallowy shave soap stick!
i expect the modern cream is excellent quality.
thanks for sharing!

florena merkur kai penhaligons endymion april 24 2019.jpg

I used to see Florena at local drug stores (in Vancouver, B.C., Canada) about ten years ago. I remember the "New Formula from Nivea!" label and the box flap said "Reg. TM of Beiersdorf AG" like my current Nivea shaving creams. I never tried Florena because I usually bought the aforementioned Nivea.

It is anything like the Nivea creams? Maybe I should have tried it. It was about $0.50 cheaper per tube than Nivea.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Never heard of it out here in my part of Australia. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Not so much...
I have used it a few times, it worked well, but I didn’t care for the “wet cardboard” scent (which of course makes this a highly subjective assessment).

Considering that Nivea is, like Florena, part of the Baiersdorf group and Florena is marketed as a low cost drugstore alternative, I rather stick to Nivea that is not much more expensive, performs at least as well, is actually easier to find and has a much more appealing scent.

B.

Good stuff, I prefer it to Nivea. Florena was distributed across Canada for several years, before Beiersdorf replaced it with the Nivea cream.

Picked up a tube in Dusseldorf last March. Performed well and I thought it had a nice scent. "Wet cardboard" I reserve for Balea!

Picked up a tube in Dusseldorf last March. Performed well and I thought it had a nice scent. "Wet cardboard" I reserve for Balea!

You may have a point there.

Next time in Germany, I might want to buy a tube of each to see which one is more deserving of the title. 😉

B.

I saw some in the wild today plus the balm, both sitting beside their Nivea counterparts. The shave cream seemed to have the same ingredients for the most part. The balms we’re a bit different.

View attachment 1100237

Yes!

It’s a lovely cream that was available here in Canada for a while but then it stopped selling for some reason. I still have a couple of tubes of it which I only use now and then. The scent and lather are great, and the chamomile in it does wonders for sensitive skin.

Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very affordable, good performance and smell. I am not bothered by the ingredients, but some folks seem to be - why would you add salt to a shaving product?
I prefer to use it during cold weather since I like cooling products in the summer (and mixing menthol is a waste of time and money for me). Its consistency is perfect for application by hand - not too dry (like Cella Bio) and not too watery (like Palmolive).

I picked up one of these on Amazon this week for under £2. Really great cream. Very slick and great volume from a tiny bit of cream. In my opinion I think it beats Palmolive for a budget tube of cream.

Top Bottom