What's new

Floïd Vigoroso

Got my bottle of Floïd yesterday from Bull Goose, and used it as my splash this morning.

What a great feeling aftershave. Nice and bracing, with a masculine but not overwhelming scent. Passed the Mrs. Songwind sniff test as well. I like the thick glass bottle, too.

Love the scent! I picked up a bottle yesterday. This is Speick week for me; stick and aftershave so I haven't used it yet. In due time...

I just got the large bottle of Spanish Vigoroso last week. I love this stuff. I've used it every day since. Even the bottle is cool.

+1 I also love mixing the Floids with a lil 444.

Forgive my ignorance but, I've heard many people refer to mixing aftershave splash with 444.... what exactly does this mean? Are they just applying the 444 balm after using the splash??.... or are they physically mixing the splash and the balm together in the palm of their hand and then applying? Forgive me again :001_huh:.

Ben

Forgive my ignorance but, I've heard many people refer to mixing aftershave splash with 444.... what exactly does this mean? Are they just applying the 444 balm after using the splash??.... or are they physically mixing the splash and the balm together in the palm of their hand and then applying? Forgive me again :001_huh:.

Ben

Physaically mixing the splash and the 444 in the palm of the hand then apply.Only use a very small amount of 444 I use a pea sized amount as I headshave too and apply it on my face and dome.

The Vigoroso is great. Strong scent at first that dries down over time and remains in the background. Really like that it has been around 80 years or so. Face fells unbelievable first hour or so. Can't wait to run out of the small bottle so I can order the big 400ml. Have the blue and am going to get the amber as well.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I read lots of posts extolling the virtues of Floid, so I just gotta say I don't care for any of them. Too powdery for me. Of course, scent is very personal and I don't like any of the powdery classic scents like Clubman, etc.

Very glad I purchased samples before I dove into a 400ml bottle of Vigoroso!

What is the difference between this and the Amber?

$DSCN4361.jpg

From left to right: Floid Blue, Floid "The Genuine" (Amber), and Floid Vigoroso

Check out the following link for descriptions:

http://www.shaving101.com/index.php/product-reviews/aftershaves/274-floid-after-shave.html

Ben

It's a very traditional barbershop splash. Excellent.

Since it's European and I'm American, it's sort of a two-for-one. There's enough there that I recognize to think "barbershop," but it's different enough from the smells of my youth that it still feels new.

Top Bottom