What's new

Floid "The Genuine" & Italian Floid "Amber"

Are Floid the Genuine & Italian Floid the same product? The Genuine is made in Spain, but is "Italian" Floid (called the Genuine or Amber) the same thing? Is there no "Italian" Floid anymore? Are these pics the same product with different labels? Thanks!

$floid.jpg$floid2.jpg

I believe the genuine and the italian is the same thing. For example on gift and care, they have two large bottles, the genuine italian and the vigorozo

Rather than starting yet another Floid thread, I've still yet to understand what the difference is between the 3 amber's.

I have Vigaroso and am looking at the 400ml bottles, torn between Italian 'Original' and more Vigaroso. But also wondering if the Suave is enough different to make it worth trying in addition.

Last edited:
I own both the Vigoroso and the Italian Amber and to me the main difference is the Vigoroso has more of a menthol kick to it and is sweeter in scent than the Amber. The Amber has more of a powdery drydown to it. The Suave will be similiar to the Vigoroso with same scent but with less menthol than both.

Thanks, that's just what I wanted to know, I'd like a touch less sweet and more powdery so the Italian sounds like what I want.

I own both the Vigoroso and the Italian Amber and to me the main difference is the Vigoroso has more of a menthol kick to it and is sweeter in scent than the Amber. The Amber has more of a powdery drydown to it. The Suave will be similiar to the Vigoroso with same scent but with less menthol than both.

+1. Excellent description! I like both of these options but ended up with 400 ml of the Vigoroso! :thumbup1:

Are Floid the Genuine & Italian Floid the same product? The Genuine is made in Spain, but is "Italian" Floid (called the Genuine or Amber) the same thing? Is there no "Italian" Floid anymore? Are these pics the same product with different labels? Thanks!

View attachment 697144View attachment 697145

It is my understanding that "Italian", "Amber", and "The Genuine" all refer to the same aftershave. Thus, the two bottles pictured here contain the same product. At one time, this, along with Floid Blue were produced in Italy, while the distinctly different "Spanish" Floids (Suave and Vigoroso) were produced in Spain. I have heard that now, all of them are produced in Spain, but it would be great if someone could confirm or otherwise clarify.

Is there anywhere where you can still get Floid Blue aftershave?

TVB Shaving - Europe. Shipping will be outrageous if it's possible as US based dealers can't ship anything with alcohol to non US destinations. I don't know if the reverse is true. Gifts and Care (Spain) lists it but is currently out of stock. Their shipping charges are much friendlier.

TVB Shaving - Europe. Shipping will be outrageous if it's possible as US based dealers can't ship anything with alcohol to non US destinations. I don't know if the reverse is true. Gifts and Care (Spain) lists it but is currently out of stock. Their shipping charges are much friendlier.

Thanks! I will look into it.

Floid is a spanish brand.
Until sometime ago it was made also in Italian factories. Now all production is moved into iberic places.

Amber is the classic one, generally people refers to the Genuine.
Vigoroso has more menthol kick, something like the Genuine but cooler
Blue is the other one with fresher scents.

They said that quality and recipe is the same after moving the production. I personally believe that after they moved into spain the quality is dropped a bit. Italian quality was a little better also said my 30yrs experience barber.

How to recognize the italian ones and the spanish one?

by the labels, ingredients and silkscreend info on the back.

Italian floid have a more fancy label, silk-screen print straight on the bottles (not sticker) the ingredients and the production. You can also find MADE IN ITALY. So it's almost impossible to leave out these info.
As this one
attachment.php

This one is instead the spanish production.
Not so fancy label (yet not that bella IMO), all ingredients are printed and sticked on the back
attachment.php

These both are spanish.
attachment.php

No matter which one the label is an easy way to distinguish them from old production to new.

Im going to run over the blue one, a spanish that I will not replace. I have also a good old italin one that is like a small treasury for me.
When I will run out I will not replace with the spanish ones. I found excellent if not better alternatives here like the Denim ones.
Or the classic Proraso IMO is better, I find that it comes better year after year. But theseare just my 2 and YMMV.

Respect in any case for these historic and fine products.

Top Bottom