What's new

Floid Blue smells like......don't hate me

Just got my first bottle of Floid Blue and I think (don't run after me with the pitch forks, I'm a chosen one who wears the Veg) it smells almost exactly the same as Aqua Velva Blue Ice Sport. Its the same exact color too and has a similar menthol kick. Is it just AV Ice Sport in a glass italian bottle? Now I really don't think so but my gosh its really darn close. Anyone else have both and notice how similar it is. Definitely different then regular AV though.
Aaron

proxy.php
proxy.php

A lot of people say that, I said that at first. If you keep using it, you'll notice the difference.

If you don't want it, I'll take it.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I hate the way that Floid Blue smells, and I never use it. But the full bottle looks good on my shelf :)

Similar, but very different IMO. Ice blue sells somewhat synthetc, while FB smells more like actual leather and fresh powder to my nose.

Now, the overall "theme" of each scent is certainly similar and for some similar enough to not warrant the price difference.

To me, AV Ice Sport is a Cool Water clone.
Floid Blue smells like a toned down version the regular AV to me.

After a few days it may smell the same in the bottle but is different on your face. Agreed more refined more powdery and less chemical with more staying power.
Aaron

Ice blue sells somewhat synthetic, while FB smells more like actual leather and fresh powder to my nose.

The Original poster is referencing Aqua Velva Ice Sport, which is an entirely different product (and entirely different scent) from Aqua Velva Ice Blue (the product most people would automatically associate with the Aqua Velva name).

As already mentioned, Aqua Velva Ice Sport is an obvious clone of Davidoff Cool Water, while the Aqua Velva Ice Blue smells nothing at all like Cool Water.

Floid is a product of Spain (just an fyi).
That is all I have to add to discusion as I have yet to have the pleasure of trying Floid in any of its itterations.
:taz:

There's an Italian line and a Spanish line, I've only used the Spanish version but most of what I've read places the Italian version as slightly better. The picture above is the Italian version.

Just got my first bottle of Floid Blue and I think (don't run after me with the pitch forks, I'm a chosen one who wears the Veg) it smells almost exactly the same as Aqua Velva Blue Ice Sport. Its the same exact color too and has a similar menthol kick. Is it just AV Ice Sport in a glass italian bottle? Now I really don't think so but my gosh its really darn close. Anyone else have both and notice how similar it is. Definitely different then regular AV though.
Aaron
proxy.php
proxy.php

No it doesn't (stated pitchfork in hand)! Blue Floid does not have anything resembling the synthetic, faux leather, smell of burning rubber that is present in AV, and it is not nearly as strong as AV Ice Sport! Apparently, there are some men who are born genetically unable to smell the offensive qualities of AV. That is O.K., simply trust those of us who can smell it, and be thankful that you have managed to get your hands on a bottle of Blue Floid. (Trust me, really, it is O.K.)

There's an Italian line and a Spanish line, I've only used the Spanish version but most of what I've read places the Italian version as slightly better. The picture above is the Italian version.

Can someone tell me please what the other Floids smell like? I'm interested in the Suave and posted a thread w/ the ? but got sketchy replies. Please, as I recently got Musgo Real balsam and love it. I'm new and think I tend toward Italian & Spanish products generally, from brushes to balms. But I could use some help here. thanks.

Top Bottom