What's new

Floid Blue & Sandolor Discontinued :(

Two great products will no longer be available.... :thumbdown
proxy.php
proxy.php

Surprising as both products have seen a spike in popularity in recent times.

I never got around to trying blue floid ,but if the wharehouse is already cleared out,then it will be a very short time before all stock is out....I broke down and ordered 2 bottles,before doomsday hits...

Last edited:
Are you 100% sure?; because I saw this posted somewhere else and we made a few phone calls today and didn't get the same story?

That is what we have been told and it would be unusual if it is not correct. What is your information? I would be happy to be proved wrong.

That is what we have been told and it would be unusual if it is not correct. What is your information? I would be happy to be proved wrong.

We called a rep in Italy this morning and he said "I never heard this"

Is your information just the Blue and Sandolor Gel, or the Amber as well?

I will investigate further on Monday.

I will take Joes word on this one guys . NO ONE has his conections in Italy like Joe does , I mean this boy , and his famiglia are soooo locked in tight with the makers of all things Italian shave related that if Joe dont know the REAL story then no one knows !

hang tight guys for now , and avoid the panic buying . maybee some distributor has a couple of pallets of this stuff they need to off load and sell in a hurry , and are passing bad rumors to some of our vendors in order to create a artificial demand so they can move the product quickly ?

OP , can you advise us , or even Joe in private if your more comforatable who told you this ? as I said , Joe is locked in with these guys in Italy , I think we should let our Italian barber get to the bottom of this for us ! :thumbup1:

OP , can you advise us , or even Joe in private if your more comforatable who told you this ?

The manufacturer has told suppliers there is no more stock available and the two products mentioned are discontinued and will not become available. This comes from seperate sources in Italy. Sorry to break the bad news.

I will take Joes word on this one guys . NO ONE has his conections in Italy like Joe does , I mean this boy , and his famiglia are soooo locked in tight with the makers of all things Italian shave related that if Joe dont know the REAL story then no one knows !

hang tight guys for now , and avoid the panic buying . maybee some distributor has a couple of pallets of this stuff they need to off load and sell in a hurry , and are passing bad rumors to some of our vendors in order to create a artificial demand so they can move the product quickly ?

OP , can you advise us , or even Joe in private if your more comforatable who told you this ? as I said , Joe is locked in with these guys in Italy , I think we should let our Italian barber get to the bottom of this for us ! :thumbup1:

Moses,

I will update 'my information' on Monday and tell everyone here what I find out.

I have heard this from three sources in the last 2 days; my gut tells me the information might be correct because last order we were told that "changes were being made in the near future"; we just weren't told what changes were being made; I really didn't think they would do this:blink:

this is a disaster

a HUGE disaster!

Indeed, it is a disaster. At least for this Floid neophyte. Awhile back I was able to sample a number of the Floid a/s splashes. Convinced I would like the Spanish or Italian versions and probably not the blue, I tested away. And boy was I surprised. The blue version was far and away the top performer for me. Both in scent and application. I did not care for the super powdery scent of the other two. I expected the blue to be more of an Aqua Velva/modern sport scent affair with enough of whatever it is that makes AV numb me out to rule it out pretty fast. Imagine my surprise at loving the mild scent and the menthol was not so bad.

I do not know if anyone else has experienced this but I do not find most of the Euro a/s products to be as numbing as say AV or Mennen. The Euro products are supposed to be menthol bombs but I find them much more agreeable than our dime store brands. Even the Alt Innsbruck which is all menthol and tobacco in the bottle. As I mentioned, Aqua Velva makes my face go NUMB at times. I cannot use it and the scent on my skin is not good to my nose. I've often wondered if there is another ingredient in our splashes that acts as a numbing agent or if there are different kinds of menthol? Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread. I do agree it is a loss if the blue is gone.

Regards, Todd

I was told the wharehouse is depleted,no further inventory.....to be honest,I would rather see this product bite the dust,rather than have it reformulated,reduced to 150ml , and dumped into a cheap crappy plastic fake "bottle" from china...sales in europe must have been really slow for them to dump this one...

Last edited:
Top Bottom