What's new

Floid Blue - I thought this stuff was supposed to be subtle?

I have a large bottle of Floid Blue I bought a while back and after wearing it to work once and having my boss comment he thought I was wearing way to much cologne I put it aside and used some other things in my stash. However recently I wondered if perhaps I had just been a bit to eager in splashing it on and that if I wore less that it wouldn't be as noticeable (Plus my boss just left for another job :laugh:).

Nope.

Having all but literally used a pipette in the name of my quasi scientific experiment I can say its not that I was being liberal in the application its just that somehow my body amplifies this stuff. I can put on a few tiny drops and instantly the room smells of Floid, not really the level of scent one expects from an after shave, so I guess this one will be relegated to days when I am home alone and want to have everything smell like Floid.

Anyone else have this issue? I've read so many times that it has a light scent.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I had a M&F (sold it) that I did get from Lee. Though it may have taken him a couple of days to reply I had a good experience with him. Not sure if things have changed though

I can wear the Floid blue and it is aromatic past the drydown but I can no longer smell it after a couple hours unlike Harris Windsor and Dopa Barba Di Camaldoli which bost last most of the day if not all day.

I tried Floid Blue for the first time last week. For me, the scent was basically gone after just over an hour – it didn't fade nearly as fast as my Proraso splash, though.

I love Floid Blue but I think it is one of those love it or hate it scents. I work form home when not traveling and only wear it when home. I would NEVER consider wearing it when I travel and see customers. For travel it is usually Speick, occasionally a light use of Proraso. I can see working in some lighter Bay Rums for travel too.

Floid Blue is subtle for me.....strong will be something like Clubman or Tabac or VIBR etc....what other aftershaves do you have ? Do they have the same effect like your Floid Blue?

I'm the same, the Floid tends to dissipate for me fairly quickly. I like it, great scent and a great product, but as a scent, very subtle.

Its really funny how scent and I guess body chemistry work. I am with OP, I love Floid Blue but I can not wear a fragerence on days that I use it because the scent last 6+ hours on me and its noticeable by others. Luckily SWMBO loves it.

I love Floid blue (and all the other Floids, by the way) but is seems to loose its scent on my in a very short amount of time. Actually, it's a good thing, for I can splash on a ton of it and really feel the benefits of the quality after shave. I do wish it would last longer, though.

Floid Blue is my favorite (so far). It's scent is gone in a couple of hours for me, but my face feels nice and smooth for most of the day.

Get to try Floid Amber next.

I love Floid Blue but I think it is one of those love it or hate it scents. I work form home when not traveling and only wear it when home. I would NEVER consider wearing it when I travel and see customers. For travel it is usually Speick, occasionally a light use of Proraso. I can see working in some lighter Bay Rums for travel too.

I've used just about all the Trumpers and T&H offerings, Speick, Musgo Real, Aqua di Parma, Aqua Velva (My go to it works well and fades fast so it doesn't interfere with cologne) and a host of other stuff. I normally have no problem with anything. The only other product that causes me issues i anything from the entire line of Penhaligon's English Fern that stuff mutates into the worst smell on Earth when I wear it but it smells great in the bottle.

But Floid Blue just plain refuses to die after even a full 8hr day and my body seems to amplify the scent.

Top Bottom