What's new

Floid black. I know that scent!

After enjoying my Floid Blue a lot during the past year I decided to give another Floid a shot. Reading some reviews on the Floid Black left we somewhat in the dark. The perception of the scent seems very polarizing, from fruity perfume to synthetic Axe-like comments.

So I decided to go for it and upon arrival and first sniff I immediately recognized the scent. Please don't be put of by the brand I will compare this to or the image of this Edt. To me this smells very, VERY similar to one of my signature scents from my teenage years.. Paco Rabanne Black XS.

Now there are some differences, Black XS has a 'drier' and spicier drydown whereas Floid Black is a fruitier and more refined scent. Overall I think these are 90% alike if had to pick a percentage.

Floid Black is not for everyone, it's a dark and sensual fragrance that I will not not wear to the office. I will enjoy this on rainy summer nights for some drinks or on a date. I would not call this an exclusively young scent (I'm 24),but the Floid face feel and edginess are lovely to me.

(little side note: Myrsol Emulsion and Agua Balsamica are incredible..)

Very informative. I had a bottle of XS cologne with matching aftershave. Then the bottle took a leap and I was only left with the AS which I had completely forgotten about.

Top Bottom