What's new

Floid Atomizer?

Since I'm a big Floid fan I've been eyeing their cool, old-school atomizers.

But leaving aside the barbershop-y coolness: is this actually a practical thing for a splash aftershave? Whenever I have had AS that came in a spray bottle I've always sprayed it in my hand and applied it like a normal splash. Does anyone have any opinion on this? Perhaps you even own Floid's atomizers? If so I'd love to hear about your experience with it but any comments on atomizers in general are interesting.

I got myself one and it's a bit impractical to use it on your own.

This is for Barbers to apply AS or cologne to their clients from afar. I use many 400ml bottles but always pour the necessary amount in my palm.

I don't expect you would spray your own face with it, still the atomizer can be useful. You can reliably dispense a measured amount into your hand and apply it that way. You actually don't need that much aftershave, so you probably save a bit of money in the long run. You also don't have to pick up a slick breakable glass bottle with wet hands.

As an alternative, you could decant from your 400ml bottle into a smaller bottle that's a bit easier to deal with.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I have and use the atomizer.
It's not a necessity, but it works fine for me.
A nice break from all my pour bottles.
I don't want to decant into smaller bottles, I want that huge 400ml bottle out and visible!
The decanter makes using that large bottle easier for me.

The only way i think i am going to understand atomizer application of A/S is via video. I've simply got to see it to believe it.

Top Bottom