What's new

Floid aftershave

Can someone explain this Spanish company?
Both popular Blue and Black are longer in production.
But they bring back Genuine and to me it is identical to Suave?
Just puzzles me.
Has anyone tried Genuine? I am interested to get your thoughts and opinions.

The brand is now with the Italian company Ludovico Martelli (Proraso, Marvis, etc.) and there was in the past also an Italian Genuine and the Spanish Suave/Vigoroso.

The current version is good with a bit more menthol as the old Genuine.

I bought my first bottle of Floid in May - Vigoroso. Both the bottle and box say Italy. Quickly becoming one of my favorite aftershaves!

I realize this is totally subjective but smells like an aftershave, not a cologne.

Smells like a stronger version of Myrsol F/Extra :).

I bought my first bottle of Floid in May - Vigoroso. Both the bottle and box say Italy. Quickly becoming one of my favorite aftershaves!

I realize this is totally subjective but smells like an aftershave, not a cologne.

Smells like a stronger version of Myrsol F/Extra :).
Never recently looked at where it was produced. Always thought it was Spain.
It is quite a unique scent. A European take I would guess on barbershop scent?

How do the two compare to each other?

How exactly does each smell?
Vigorosso and Suave are both similar scents, like amber & powder, an old-fashioned euro barbershop. Vigorosso has more menthol, Suave has less. The scent is strong at first and will fade, but linger for a few hours. Younger people will say it is an "old man" scent.

It does have good soothing and healing properties, which is the main point, I think.

Vigorosso and Suave are both similar scents, like amber & powder, an old-fashioned euro barbershop. Vigorosso has more menthol, Suave has less. The scent is strong at first and will fade, but linger for a few hours. Younger people will say it is an "old man" scent.

It does have good soothing and healing properties, which is the main point, I think.
So what you're telling me is, buy them both? 😁

So what you're telling me is, buy them both? 😁
I'd just pick one depending on how much menthol you like. The scent is about the same. There's also "The Genuine" which I think is a revival of the original formula. One other thing is Floid is much cheaper in Europe than the U.S. Occasionally, you run across a deal, like the large 400ml bottle for $19, which is closer to the euro price.

Top Bottom