What's new

Flight of Fancy: CNC / 3D Printer for the Ultimate RAD

Got this idea after looking at the Razorock Mamba. Imagine a tabletop CNC milling machine to turn out your own razors. Think they start at $6,000 and go up, but just imagine it. A library of shave heads to mill, as well as designing your own.

Then I wondered if you could do the same with 3D printing. That would likely be cheaper for trying designs on a whim, but is it feasible? Then I thought about using 3D printing to make forms to make molds and pouring shaving heads and handles. That would likely be between a CNC machine and 3D printer in cost.

Now I'm wondering if I could make my own CNC milling machine or at least a Dave Gingery milling machine. Hmm ...

Interesting idea!

But how would you explain the package to the LOTH?? (She will certainly notice the machine.) :a29:

Is there an update to this? Did the 3D printing yield serviceable razors?

Got this idea after looking at the Razorock Mamba. Imagine a tabletop CNC milling machine to turn out your own razors. Think they start at $6,000 and go up, but just imagine it. A library of shave heads to mill, as well as designing your own.

Then I wondered if you could do the same with 3D printing. That would likely be cheaper for trying designs on a whim, but is it feasible? Then I thought about using 3D printing to make forms to make molds and pouring shaving heads and handles. That would likely be between a CNC machine and 3D printer in cost.

Now I'm wondering if I could make my own CNC milling machine or at least a Dave Gingery milling machine. Hmm ...

Top Bottom