What's new

Flexo Razor?

Anyone seen these before? Any idea how they shave? I had promised myself I wasn't going to become a collector, but as usual I didn't listen and these seem like they would be an interesting addition. Any thoughts?

timwcic

"Look what I found"
This could be the oldest bump. Was going to start a new thread, but with only two posts, this thread is like new, just old. I scored this Flexo a few weeks ago at the flea market. Thought is was a oddball marriage with a Bakelite head and a spring loaded handle. Finally got around to tracking the patent number and found it in Waits “Compendium” for the Basis info. Made in the 1930’s and then disappeared. The Google machine does not show a lot of the out there. It takes Standard DE blades so I loaded it with a Silver Blue and took it for a ride. It feels like a Gillette Tech just a bit heavier. The spring does not bring much usefulness to the table. For it to work, I had to use a lot of pressure and would be bleeding from the cuts. It does shave nicely, it is on the aggressive side. Not 2011 R41 aggressive but more than any of my adjustable set on 9. Overall a nice shave with two passes. It will not be my favorite but a nice addition to the den.
First three pictures are mine and last three I lifted.

C28B6269-6791-4083-BA9D-B6F1BC79D260.jpeg
F59AF357-5AFB-4636-8EB3-46FBE4CFACD3.jpeg
369C24A5-7E27-49B6-BBE5-C0B1CA2E7F48.jpeg
D32D6A3B-9EA1-46B7-9E95-45B193825A62.jpeg
C46FB2CF-618A-4A79-8349-056483C56CC2.jpeg
07BCE5DA-A719-45C9-AF50-49E79B50A397.jpeg

Anyone seen these before? Any idea how they shave? I had promised myself I wasn't going to become a collector, but as usual I didn't listen and these seem like they would be an interesting addition. Any thoughts?
@timwcic Thanks to your "what could be the oldest bump" I clicked on the ancient link to eBay in the OP.

Anyone else?

Nice, but odd razor you got there.

timwcic

"Look what I found"
@timwcic Thanks to your "what could be the oldest bump" I clicked on the ancient link to eBay in the OP.
Anyone else?
Nice, but odd razor you got there.
Same. Thought "what the heck!?" Then saw the date of the OP.
(puts on dunce cap)

Thanks for the comments gentlemen. When I searched “Flexo” in titles, ‘this is the only thread that popped up. The OP is long gone, @Jim was here only a month and EBay was still a baby. Bumps sometimes bring up useless minutia, but there was no information here and I thought a 13-year-old bump with an 80-year-old razor was good for a smile

Top Bottom