What's new

"Flat-Head" Open-Comb DEs

Here's another German "Standard Safety Razor Co" razor:

Standard Safety Razor, Germany1.JPG Standard Safety Razor, Germany3.JPG Standard Safety Razor, Germany5.JPG Standard Safety Razor, Germany6.JPG

Sold this one yesterday at the bay.. don't tell me that this is a super rare super expensive Gillette Double Ring... to be honest, I bought it hoping it is a Double Ring... but it was not. No idea who produced it.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 32
Returning to this thread from a while back. Thanks to everyone who chimed in. Can't bring myself to try the Focus Tritok 51 flat-head. Something about the price tag, the aluminum, and the handle design. I have since picked up a Rozorock SLOC mk. 1, as a mild shaver. Seems to work well, albeit slowly, with a yellow Gillette 7 o'clock blade. No rawness, no weepers. Could be a little bit closer though. Time to try the Safety Razor Co. flat head again...

The Pils razor also has a flat head and a safety bar that is quite far from the head, making it a mild but efficient shaver with a small range of possible angles. I have one and I use it sometimes, but I admit I have other razors that are easier to shave with

1605265812167.png

Here's my flat bladed razor, that looks very similar to yours.
proxy.php
Hi, I recently fell upon this exact same razor. Mine came with a box and a Leresche 10 blades pack, but I'm not sure if this set is original (I'll post pictures in a little while). I've been looking around the internet to find out any information on the brand/origin. Can anyone help ? ;-)

Here are the promised photos !

Attachments

• 20220620_073234.jpg
    20220620_073234.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 20220620_073257.jpg
    20220620_073257.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 20220620_073523.jpg
    20220620_073523.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • 20220620_073315.jpg
    20220620_073315.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • 20220620_072412.jpg
    20220620_072412.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
The Pils razor also has a flat head and a safety bar that is quite far from the head, making it a mild but efficient shaver with a small range of possible angles. I have one and I use it sometimes, but I admit I have other razors that are easier to shave with

View attachment 1181668
The Tradere has the same design and is available in open comb. The razor was originally produced by a company called Tradere, but more recently Blackland has begun to make the razors again. So I guess more correctly, I should have said "The Blackland Tradere and the original Tradere" both have a very similar design and are/were available in open comb.

I happen to be a big fan of this type of razor. iKon made a few that were dual comb, as well. I still have the S3S.

This is a fun thread. I do believe that the Razorock SLOC might fit this criteria. I happens to be a favorite and is a part of almost every shave. (Often shave with two razors).

Looks like this "Flat-Head" Open Comb DE's thread is taking a pretty generous approach towards the "Flat-Head" Closed Bar DE's that keep being snuck in! Well, here's one more in the latter category, and one that you certainly don't see everyday. It must be one of my oldest DE's, and certainly the oldest closed bar I have. There's not much online about Luna Extra. There's a little bit about "A. Feist and Company" and "Lunawerks" but it's not clear to me that Luna Extra is related to these. I believe that this razor might date to slightly before 1910. If so, that would make it one "very early" closed bar. Any better information gratefully received!

Attachments

• Luna Extra Closed Bar Double Edged Safety Razor, Germany 1.JPG
    Luna Extra Closed Bar Double Edged Safety Razor, Germany 1.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • Luna Extra Closed Bar Double Edged Safety Razor, Germany 2.JPG
    Luna Extra Closed Bar Double Edged Safety Razor, Germany 2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • Luna Extra Closed Bar Double Edged Safety Razor, Germany 3.JPG
    Luna Extra Closed Bar Double Edged Safety Razor, Germany 3.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • Luna Extra Closed Bar Double Edged Safety Razor, Germany 4.JPG
    Luna Extra Closed Bar Double Edged Safety Razor, Germany 4.JPG