What's new

Flat Caps

Gone from weeks of heatwave conditions to cold weather in a week. Mans got to wear his cap. Gamble & Gunn cap today.

IMG_6548.jpg

If you have to tell her that they are cool ... you have already lost the debate.
Theres no debate. I like flat caps and will continue to wear them, she thinks they are stupid and will continue to tolorate me wearing them.
Its funny, the other day when I got back from golf I had my flat cap, sweater and khakis on and she said to me, "you know, I normally hate that hat but it kind of works with your golf outfit. I still hate it for everyday wear though." Hey, its a start, right?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Its funny, the other day when I got back from golf I had my flat cap, sweater and khakis on and she said to me, "you know, I normally hate that hat but it kind of works with your golf outfit. I still hate it for everyday wear though." Hey, its a start, right?

It's her permission for you to golf every day.

This thread had been a good read, comical at times with one member and some great suggestions on hats.

Thinking I need to transition to a Flatcap. I have one that I bought, but never built up the courage to wear it. As soon as my kids and wife saw it, they started laughing.....but too bad, it's comfortable and looks good one me, at least I think so. And I know it'll grow on them.

I'm going to start wearing that one and looking to add a few more but need some help.

Are there any good suppliers or vendors that people can recommend in Canada? We have Amazon.ca but the quality doesn't seem like it's going to be there. I'll probably take a chance on a couple for $20, but don't mind forking over $$ for a good one. Marshall's/TJ Maxx have them and I've seen Penguin and Kangol etc there. We also have a Harry Rosens in town that stocks Wiggens from what I see.

This is my current one. 6 panel, Ambler, made of Hemp & Poly. I'll try to post up a pic of my ugly mug wearing it later.

Last edited:
This thread had been a good read, comical at times with one member and some great suggestions on hats.

Thinking I need to transition to a Flatcap. I have one that I bought, but never built up the courage to wear it. As soon as my kids and wife saw it, they started laughing.....but too bad, it's comfortable and looks good one me, at least I think so. And I know it'll grow on them.

I'm going to start wearing that one and looking to add a few more but need some help.

Are there any good suppliers or vendors that people can recommend in Canada? We have Amazon.ca but the quality doesn't seem like it's going to be there. I'll probably take a chance on a couple for $20, but don't mind forking over $$ for a good one. Marshall's/TJ Maxx have them and I've seen Penguin and Kangol etc there. We also have a Harry Rosens in town that stocks Wiggens from what I see.

This is my current one. 6 panel, Ambler, made of Hemp & Poly. I'll try to post up a pic of my ugly mug wearing it later.

Nice cap. It is the "duckbill" type. I don't care for the way they look on me. I bought a nice one and I ended up giving it away.

Here is a list of vendors I have dealt with and can recommend:

Village Hat Shop
Biddy Murphy
Sterkowski
JJ Hatcenter

I’m sure they all ship to Canada.

It's too cold to go shopping in person, so I took a chance on a couple Goorin Bros from Amazon.ca as they are free shipping and free returns, no questions asked (clothing policy). I paid less than these prices and in Canadian funds.

Grey

And

Blue

Last edited:
I like Sterkowski for linnen and summer caps. I have ordered from Hanna and Biddy Murphy for me and my father in law. They are nice. My favorite for nice tweed is Crown caps out of Canada by a far margin. They make them to order and have the most perfect lining and band. They have an elastic portion on the front of the band that fits my bald head like they were custom made for me. Most comfortable hat I have ever worn!

I like Sterkowski for linnen and summer caps. I have ordered from Hanna and Biddy Murphy for me and my father in law. They are nice. My favorite for nice tweed is Crown caps out of Canada by a far margin. They make them to order and have the most perfect lining and band. They have an elastic portion on the front of the band that fits my bald head like they were custom made for me. Most comfortable hat I have ever worn!
Thanks. I was looking for some Canadian supplier or even better, makers.

I noticed my current Ambler hat is Made in Canada. I'm sure it ain't considered high end by any means, but I do like to see it.

Ha....I just looked and Crown are made right here in my town. How awesome is that? I drive by the place a few times a week. They have a couple I wouldn't mind taking a look at, so have sent a message to see if they have a storefront at their warehouse or a lovely vendor.

Last edited:
Thanks. I was looking for some Canadian supplier or even better, makers.

I noticed my current Ambler hat is Made in Canada. I'm sure it ain't considered high end by any means, but I do like to see it.

Ha....I just looked and Crown are made right here in my town. How awesome is that? I drive by the place a few times a week. They have a couple I wouldn't mind taking a look at, so have sent a message to see if they have a storefront at their warehouse or a lovely vendor.
Their pricier tweed and wool blends are spectacular. Good luck.

Their pricier tweed and wool blends are spectacular. Good luck.
Much appreciated!

Their FB page lists hours with the address, so it's looking promising for local pickup and try on etc .

Also looks like they have "sample sales" at the warehouse quarterly.

I guess I'm stopping in to Crown Caps this week.

Top Bottom