What's new

Flat Caps

Picked up a few caps from Nathaniel Cole 1934 (Crown Cap Winnipeg's imported China line) but am only keeping this one. The others didn't fit well. They were on a clearance at a major department store.

Set me back a whopping $12 Canadian.

I still haven't made it to Haberdashery to check out the high end hats they have....hopefully soon

IMG_20200229_152629.jpg
IMG_20200229_152650.jpg

Since @oc_in_fw posted his mug....here's mine with my new hat on. Wife & Kids now approve and like them on me now. Probably because I look and act like I'm 70...but I'm only 47 :eek2:

IMG_20200229_153423.jpg

Last edited:
With that scowl and stubble you need a pipe. :)
Dry pipe maybe....I'm not putting any smoke into my mouth or lungs outside BBQ smoke. As for the scowl, I don't do selfies so wasn't sure if I should smile, look at the camera or what.

When I retire, I'll grow a big beard and maybe a handlebar. For now, work won't allow it due to PPE.

You don't look a day over 68.
You got a smile out of me...actually a chuckle :biggrin1:. After reading this thread, I was going to say the ladies throw themselves at me when I wear this hat and people stop me in the street to ask if they can take my picture, but I didn't want to come off as too narcissistic.

IMG_20200229_154704.jpg

Kids and I made the birdhouse wall decoration a few years ago for my wife....a little woodworking product placement, outside my shop.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Dry pipe maybe....I'm not putting any smoke into my mouth or lungs outside BBQ smoke. As for the scowl, I don't do selfies so wasn't sure if I should smile, look at the camera or what.

When I retire, I'll grow a big beard and maybe a handlebar. For now, work won't allow it due to PPE.
If you ever want to see a bunch of unshaven scowlers, check out the selfie thread in the Brown Leaf. Yes, I fall in that category, too. :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Ha...it comes naturally to me. I'm not grumpy, I just look like it. As for the stubble, it's the weekend for me, so no shaving.
Yeah, me too- I rarely smile for pics, even though I am not grumpy. In fact I work hard to try to not be grumpy. I don’t want to become the stereotypical grumpy old man. I may not be rich, but I’ve got a pretty good life and fantastic grandchildren.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
The cap looks good on you, Bruce.
I have the same no smile photo thing going on. I normally tell people that is my smile!!! :)

You got a smile out of me...actually a chuckle :biggrin1:. After reading this thread, I was going to say the ladies throw themselves at me when I wear this hat and people stop me in the street to ask if they can take my picture, but I didn't want to come off as too narcissistic.

View attachment 1068736

Kids and I made the birdhouse wall decoration a few years ago for my wife....a little woodworking product placement, outside my shop.

That's a lovely cap, I really dig the black/white !

Few years ago bought a bunch from a local Irish store that was closing up shop. Many were made in Ireland. Most of mine probably have a front snap. Also have a black leather one I received as a BD gift, and a heavy wool one with ear flaps for winter duty, Perry Ellis collection.
2605fe1.jpg

I found this one at Kohl's the other day on clearance for $4. It's got an interesting pattern and it's a bit more of a modern style but I like it and its one of the few flat caps I've bought that the wife doesn't hate.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom