What's new

Flask's newbie adventure

a show-off Guido-like college kid
You are obviously talking about the other Guido right?! I was the least noticed kid in college, but infamously the most picked on as well. I think that's when my debating skills emerged actually :cuppa:. I still like quality stuff indeed though - but I tend to be the more quiet enjoyer of the finer things in life. I have a feeling we in this forum all are in the same boat. At least I don't think we run around screaming about our latest Lambda acquisitions at the risk of being transported off in a straight-jacket screaming and kicking that we want a DE-jacket instead!

Cheers,

Guido.

You are obviously talking about the other Guido right?! I was the least noticed kid in college, but infamously the most picked on as well. I think that's when my debating skills emerged actually :cuppa:. I still like quality stuff indeed though - but I tend to be the more quiet enjoyer of the finer things in life. I have a feeling we in this forum all are in the same boat. At least I don't think we run around screaming about our latest Lambda acquisitions at the risk of being transported off in a straight-jacket screaming and kicking that we want a DE-jacket instead!

Cheers,

Guido.

Indeed. It's not cool to be all

Thor Behold GIF by Truly.

and I don't want to be that guy. On the other hand, I enjoy all the xOTD posts a ton, which I feel have a totally different vibe.

Indeed. It's not cool to be all

Thor Behold GIF by Truly.

and I don't want to be that guy. On the other hand, I enjoy all the xOTD posts a ton, which I feel have a totally different vibe.
O most certainly. But B&B is a community of like minded people. We show off to each other and - very important - we enjoy each others joy! There is no real envy (sure we can be envious about a great shave right) here in a my razor is better than yours type of way. So I don’t have to have what you have but simply enjoy the fact that you do and I get to experience that through pictures and posts. We don’t steal each other’s thunder.

Cheers,

Guido

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
On infrequent weekend occasions I might have very soft jazz playing in the background as I shave, but mostly find it better for me to shave in the silence paying attention to what I'm doing. Mostly that's not to assist my shaving technique but to enable me to derive maximum pleasure from my shaves.

My favorite part is face lathering.

Handles in my opinion should be universally fat. 13 mm and up. It's just easier for me to get a handle on things.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I'm not the most experienced one, with only a few years to lean on. But there's one thing I might add to all the suggestions you find on B&B, especially for the less experienced: shave without radio. Building up lather and cleaning up with music: no problem. But during the actual shaving: do it in silence. You might hear how good your angle is, how necessary (or not) the buffing, parts where your hairimplant is different, ....
It helped me a lot to improve my shaving skill, getting a nicer shaving experience and better result. Just my suggestion.
(I realise I confuse your date of entering B&B with your level of experience and expertise, so you might disregard this suggestion and give me some tips instead :love-struck: )
I just turn the music down. :001_cool: I definitely enjoy the sound the blade makes as it sweeps through my stubble. some razors sing, some roar, some swoosh!

~doug~

Big changes in Flask's Den today. A new contender showed up from Virginia today, all shiney, with an original box, and ready to rumble.

1676686093700.png

My first steel Tech and my first US Tech - a mint-ish Pre-War fat handle!

1676686188602.png

I know I shouldn't be surprised that the steel US Tech is so much heavier than the English aluminum Tech. But this razor is a ton heavier, it feels more "serious" somehow. I love the @Guido75 Tech a lot, but this handles like a serious tool in comparison.

1676686218576.png

I purchased this from a super nice guy off Reddit who liked that I was a newbie looking for a good condition Tech and sold it to me for not a lot more than the cost of shipping it. I had just commented on a post he made, we struck up a conversation and wham I have an awesome new Tech. lol.

The shaving world never fails to surprise me!

I'm looking forward to using this as my SWS razor next week, but my time with it will be sadly cut short, as I plan to enter FFFMM with the GameChanger .68-p strapped across my back. I'm really looking forward to this event and I've settled on all my choices except the brush.

• GameChanger .68-P with the UFO handle
  • Astra SP
  • Mike's Natural Soaps Barber Shop
  • Brush

I'm trying to decide if I want to put in another (third) month with the Omega Jade boar or move on to the Zenith B33 boar. The Omega is almost broken in now, this last stretch would probably do it. It's so close.

But I've been aching to try the B33 :). I'm still on the fence there, I guess.

Wow, I'm SUPER excited about the new-to-me pre-war Tech. One step closer to finding my favorite vintage daily driver! I've got my eye out now for a similar condition post-war to try after a few months working with this one.

Big changes in Flask's Den today. A new contender showed up from Virginia today, all shiney, with an original box, and ready to rumble.

View attachment 1607753

My first steel Tech and my first US Tech - a mint-ish Pre-War fat handle!

View attachment 1607754

I know I shouldn't be surprised that the steel US Tech is so much heavier than the English aluminum Tech. But this razor is a ton heavier, it feels more "serious" somehow. I love the @Guido75 Tech a lot, but this handles like a serious tool in comparison.

View attachment 1607756

I purchased this from a super nice guy off Reddit who liked that I was a newbie looking for a good condition Tech and sold it to me for not a lot more than the cost of shipping it. I had just commented on a post he made, we struck up a conversation and wham I have an awesome new Tech. lol.

The shaving world never fails to surprise me!

I'm looking forward to using this as my SWS razor next week, but my time with it will be sadly cut short, as I plan to enter FFFMM with the GameChanger .68-p strapped across my back. I'm really looking forward to this event and I've settled on all my choices except the brush.

• GameChanger .68-P with the UFO handle
  • Astra SP
  • Mike's Natural Soaps Barber Shop
  • Brush

I'm trying to decide if I want to put in another (third) month with the Omega Jade boar or move on to the Zenith B33 boar. The Omega is almost broken in now, this last stretch would probably do it. It's so close.

But I've been aching to try the B33 :). I'm still on the fence there, I guess.

Wow, I'm SUPER excited about the new-to-me pre-war Tech. One step closer to finding my favorite vintage daily driver! I've got my eye out now for a similar condition post-war to try after a few months working with this one.
That is one snazzy razor!!

Your upcoming choices are tough... do you pick an awesome this or an awesome that 😉

Way to go Flask! Ohoho, rabbit calling to lure you into its hole!! Very nice looking prewar Tech there! Very interested to read if the stories are true that prewar is a hair more aggressive and effective.

Enjoy!

Guido

Way to go Flask! Ohoho, rabbit calling to lure you into its hole!! Very nice looking prewar Tech there! Very interested to read if the stories are true that prewar is a hair more aggressive and effective.

Enjoy!

Guido

Oh yeah!! Well, you are right. The more efficient pre-war may be going in the wrong direction looking for the smooooothest every day gillette for me. It'll be fun to find out!!

Top Bottom