What's new

Flash Lights

I know we have a few among us that enjoy flashlights. I was just recently given a SureFire M600A and I was wondering if any of you use the SureFire batteries or if you use something else? Thank you in advance.

Check the Speakeasy, we've got a few (very long) flashlight threads there. It's what coerced, I mean, encouraged me to pick up my lights. :smile:

The SF batteries can be had by the box at reasonable price.

I have a rechargable Streamlight Strion that is my primary light. I love it, nice and bright and no burning through Lithium Batteries.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I only use rechargeable CR123's (but only for LED's). The higher voltage is great, but will blow out Surefire incandescents.

I have a Surefire in each car, with the waterproof container with batteries and extra bulb. My wife carries the Surefire executive defender in her briefcase and we have several other of their 2 cell lights in the house for general use.

I bought bulk generic brand CR123s on ebay. I think the lower price vs more frequent replacement nets out in my favor. I will likely buy rechargeables for the home units when I run out of the bulk batteries, but I will keep a supply of inexpensive bulk replacements with the car units.

ouch

I try to keep some non-rechargeables in the car, as they have an extraordinary shelf life. The rechargeables go into anything that's used constantly, which is most everything.

My torch of choice for cramming into a glove box is the Nuwai Q3. It's small, pug ugly, rugged as can be, and provides enough light to change an engine.

Last edited:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I try to keep some non-rechargeables in the car, as they have an extraordinary shelf life. The rechargeables go inot anything that's used constantly, which is most everything.

My torch of choice for cramming into a glove box is the Nuwai Q3. It's small, pug ugly, rugged as can be, and provides enough light to change an engine.

Nice looking . . . there is a huge variation in price depending where one buys it. I'm seeing from $20 to $40

I only use rechargeable CR123's (but only for LED's). The higher voltage is great, but will blow out Surefire incandescents.

Much like the 14500? cells in place of AA's

I try to keep some non-rechargeables in the car, as they have an extraordinary shelf life. The rechargeables go into anything that's used constantly, which is most everything.

Fenix, Fenix Fenix, here. No, I'm not being redundant. I have an LD01, an LD20 and a TK11. The LD01 is in my pocket with my pocket knife, always. The LD20 sits on my dresser and the TK11 sit in my murse alongside my Leatherman. They are incredibly tough and bright and easy to handle. The only slap against LEDs in general is that they are no good for emergency workers, because they don't cut fog or smoke worth beans.

LD01: one AAA
LD20: two AA or the 14500? (someone correct this)
TK11: two rechargeable 123s in the barrel and two normal 123s in the murse.

Regards,

- John

Also thinking about the TK40 but that would be pure indulgence. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I know my brother will have alot to say about this. We have maglights at our house. I have an almost full set of purple ones :001_smile a 3-D cell, mini mags in AA and AAA, and a solitaire. The purple one I keep in my room next to my bed. I have another 3-D cell (red) on my desk in case someone comes in the front door. I like having a flashlight that you can also smash someone in the head with. I also got my boyfriend the gunmetal colored set, a 3-D cell, and a minimag and a solitaire. My brother is all about surefires, I like maglights. I have various cheapies scattered around, and I keep a little 2 dollar one in my desk at work, it's got LED bulbs so it's actually really bright.

ouch

Fenix, Fenix Fenix, here.

Fenix is my favorite all around producer. You can get better lights, but at a price. Fenix delivers great value for the dollar, and they're tough, dependable, and bright. Love 'em.

Battery station and battery space are great place to pick up batteries in bulk, and Lighthound gets all of my business for torches.

I've used SF batteries in the past, but can see no difference in their performance than some of the other 123s on the market. My last order for 123s were Battery Station brand purchased from Lighthound.

I think I bought about 15 of them so I got a price break. I only use them in a 2C Mag (3 CR123's with a 6v bulb). I converted my SF E2 Executive to use a Lumens Factory EO-E2R bulb and run them on 2 RCR123 rechargeables. That being said I've had good luck with Rayovacs, Duracells and Panasonic batteries. Avoid the Tenergy though, run time stunk.

I have many flashlights, but the one I carry is a 3 LED, single AA, lithium in my case, from CCrane. Surprisingly bright, well made and quite inexpensive.

Top Bottom