What's new

Flash forward a few months

A few months ago I asked advice on a new bag. I wanted a forever bag. At the time I froze with indecision and never got one. Flash forward a few months and our family was finally able to take care of my deceased brother's storage units. He died 11 months ago today, the pandemic was raging, no one was taking donations. We moved everything into a storage unit and ignored the one he already had. We spent the last 5 days dealing with those large units. My brother made a fantastic living and was a bit of a border. We stopped counting after 200 bags were pulled out of his original unit. And not cheap bags either. Most everything was donated but I was able to come home with a few Tumi briefcases, and, what I consider, a full set of Red Oxx luggage.

I wonder if my indecision was a sign.

Your brother had excellent taste. Tumi and Red Oxx are undoubtedly Tier 1 products in their respective segments.

May his memory be a blessing.

Be safe and well.

DB

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Sorry for your loss and the job of going through all that stuff. But congrats on the little score. Things can happen like that. Nice.

Must be tough. You have my sympathy. Having something special he owned will likely make him feel closer to you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Must be tough. You have my sympathy. Having something special he owned will likely make him feel closer to you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks folks. It was tough. Having almost a full year between his death and the cleaning made it bearable. I don’t think I could have done it otherwise.

The bags will be put to good use.

So nice that you can use brother's bags. As you chose which bag to use for an upcoming trip, or visit some place he had never been it will be a tiny way to remember him.

I remember a couple of threads about bags since the pandemic started. I recently ordered a new bag in anticipation of traveling again this year.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
My condolences on your brother's passing. I'm sure you'd rather have your brother back than the bags, but no doubt he's want them to go to good use.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Sincere condolences regarding your brother. Heirloom items are great to have and use. You can remember them fondly when using the item.

Top Bottom