What's new

Flare Tip Rocket TV v EJDE89

I currently have a EJDE89 razor which I’ve been using for a couple of years approx. Have been reading about the Flare Tip Rocket TV. and was wondering how the two compare in terms of the smoothness and aggressiveness. Any help gratefully received.
Thanks

R

romsitsa

Hello,

no Gillette TTO is really aggressive. The Flare tip Rocket is a bit heftier and sturdier feeling Flare tip Superspeed. The TV Special is the same, except it’s part rhodium plated and it’s more scarce, so more sought after.
Imho the EJ is way too mild, so the Flare tip is smooth but more effective.

Adam

Thanks for that. Hoping you might be able to answer the next question. For someone that is used to using an Astra SP with my EJDE89 what blade(s) could you recommend for a smooth shave

I use Personna and Astra blades in my EJ89 and I get smooth and close shaves with them.

I do find Gillette flare tip shaves provide me with similar results to my EJ. However, the EJ is heavier and longer than the flare tip, and that provides a different feel.

Neither razor is aggressive and should work well for medium coarse whiskers. I love them both!

Top Bottom