What's new

Flare Tip February 2020

Join me for a month of Gillette Flare Tip shaves in February. You don’t have to use the razor for the full month (and I'm obviously starting this late), but it certainly is encouraged. Other versions of the Flare Tip are welcome as well, including the Red Tip, Blue Tip and Black Handle options.

SOTD posts are welcome and pics are always appreciated. Who’s in? :D

1. FoolishMortal

SOTD
  • Simpson's Peppermint & Rosemary cream
  • Elite Shaving amboyna burl beehive badger
  • Flare Tip
  • Nacet (5)
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Gentlemen's Grooming Black Pepper & Thistle ASB
  • Vintage Osage Rub

I wish I could take part but mine was lost with luggage about 2 years ago and I haven’t gotten around to replacing it yet.

I'm in for at least one week (maybe two). I generally switch razors weekly. In other weeks, I'll be using Techs or Super Speeds.

Another nice shave today. I'm getting back into the groove with the Flare Tip and find that shaving daily is really helping. Based on a number of factors, I have skipped a day here and there, and find that my skin doesn't like the breaks. Of course, I already knew that, but I need to be reminded on occasion...

In other news, I'm using a new brush. My in-laws go to Scotland regularly and brought back a no-name badger brush in a deer-antler handle. I had resisted using it for quite some time, but recently felt that it was time to give it a whirl. I like the handle more than I expected and while the tips are a bit prickly, the lather it produces is surprisingly good. Now I just have to work out the last little bit of funk...

SOTD
  • Simpson's Peppermint & Rosemary cream
  • No-name Scottish deer antler-handled badger
  • Flare Tip
  • Nacet (6)
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Scottish Soap Company Black Pepper & Thistle ASB
  • Vintage Avon Bay Rum AS

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I'm in, I love my Flare Tip!

54 Flare Tip
Gillette Platinum(5)
Omega 49
MdC Agrumes
Arko aftershave
20191209_195357 (2).jpg

The black tips are not flare tips.
I think the Blue Tip is one of the prettiest razors Gillette ever made. I have had several and still have one. The rest I gave away. The Red Tip is the best Superspeed ever, at least for me. I prefer them to my fatboy and slim, to be honest.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Feb 4th 2020

Razor: Gillette flare tip B2-MFG 1956 2nd qtr
Blade : Personna red (3)
Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea" very nice scent.
Brush : Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm with black marble handle.
Pre shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock "The Dead Sea" aftershave with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:
SOTD Feb 4th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom