What's new

Fixed Four Any Month (FFAM)

Been following this all month:

Razor: Viking Chieftain
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Feather (7 blades so far with three to go)
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe--fresh puck mid-month

I do miss my brush rotation a little bit, but this has been pretty easy. All I require of the razor and blade is effective whisker cutting. I use one soap or cream until it is finished. The only choice I have in the morning is which brush I reach for.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Anyone considering August?

I'm already in for Arko August, Shark Week I suppose I could turn into Shark Month (perish the thought!), I could maybe finally kill off that Marvy brush in my thread "Just like Grampa used to shave" experiment, and I could keep using my Frankenrazor that's a Fat handled Tech paired with a NEW Long Comb......

This sounds kinda shtoopid even for me!

Still staying on course!:

Blade: Feather (Blade #7)
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe

31 July 2020:

Blade: Feather (Blade #8) Shave #3 and out 2 Passes: (WTG / ATG) buffing A/R
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe -- new puck today -- using rain water and Campbell’s soup container.
st shave of this event

Hi,

Well, another month where I broke from the Fixed Four for a day. We took off Friday afternoon for the NC coast and Oak Island to shoot that lighthouse and Old Baldy. So, we stayed overnight in Oak Island so I could have morning light for that lighthouse.

So, I used my ground travel setup: Schick Type C1 repeater, an injector blade and an Omega mini brush. The soap mix remains the same as I have a small amount in the Dopp kit.

Only one morning, as we did what we went to do and returned home Saturday evening.

If anyone wants to see what we have been doing with this Lighthouse project - the making of quilting blocks in the end - I have it documented here:

Stan

Top Bottom