What's new

Fixed 4 for March 2017 — WHAT?

1. Do you want to play a shaving game?

2. Do you want to dial a particular piece of hardware or software in?

3. Are you on a restraint?

If you answered YES to any of the above, “Fixed 4” may be for you.

You just pick one BRUSH, one SOAP/CREAM, one RAZOR, and one BLADE*.
And you use ONLY those four for the whole month.

*With blades, if you chose say “Astra SP” you would stick to that blade, but use as many of them as you see fit.

That’s the end of Rule 1. Rule 1 is the only rule.

upload_2017-2-17_20-32-26.png

Brush: Omega 10086 Bigger Bambino
Soap: Cella
Razor: Phoenix Bakelite Open Comb Slant
Blade: Polsilver SI

Pre and Post Shave stuff isn’t included, so you can do exactly as you please in that area.

You can shave as often or as little as you like.

Typically you’d post saying “I’m in” and telling us your Fixed 4, but you don’t need to.

You can post every day to tell us how you’re getting on (we like that, and we like pics). You can also join us Fixed 4ers without making a single post (it’s entirely YOUR CHOICE).

If you post your Fixed 4 during February, then find out that you’d like to change it… that’s fine. Just let us know the changes before your first shave in March.

Let the madness begin.

Looks like you have an awesome setup there, Cal. I've always wanted to try Cella, but haven't bought any because I doubt I'll live long enough to get through half of the soaps I already have. I'm not in for the challenge, as I enjoy doing Blade Wars - but I'll be reading this thread with interest. Enjoy settling in with those great products.
CW

Awesome thanks for coming with this.

I was looking at all the shaving games played in the forum and was feeling disappointed because could not participate in most of them due to my own gear .But this one I can easily.

Here is my setup for fixed March

Attachments

• IMG_20170217_185919.jpg
    IMG_20170217_185919.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 85
Here is my setup for fixed March
:thumbup1: That's great abhi, thanks for the pic. Would you show us in text too please, as per:

Brush: ?
Soap:
Proraso Green
Razor: ?
Blade:
Astra SP

I'm familiar with your blades and soap, but not so with your brush and razor.

Sorry here is the text .

My fixed 4 for month

Brush: Palmolive Nylon Brush
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Edwin Jagger
Blade:
Astra SP

I'll join this. Here is my fixed 4 for March 2017.

Brush : Omega B&B 10 Anniversary
Soap : La Toja
Razor : Fatip Piccolo
Blade : GSB

B&B brush_5.JPG

I'm in. I'll have to wait till tomorrow since the razor I plan to use won't be here until tomorrow, but here's the list of hardware and software:

Razor: Gillette Black Handled Super Speed W4 date code (My birth quarter and year, Just won it off the 'Bay).
Blades: Feather Hi-Stainless
Brush: No Name Synthetic (Bought off a member here, and have no idea the manufacturer)
Soap: Tabac.

It's going to be hard not jumping around between razors and soaps being so new to this, but I think it'll be a great way to really get to know my new razor and the rest of the hardware.

Nice choices Cal. Cella rules! Fixed 4 is pretty much what I've been doing for February:
IMG_1423.JPG
Williams with AV Original Sport
40's SS with Astra SP
Semogue 1305
Old Spice (flexed a little on this)
This has been a pretty solid rig but I'm looking forward to exploring some new soap options in March. You guys who are in have fun!

Brush: Palmolive Nylon Brush
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Edwin Jagger
Blade: Astra SP
:thumbup1: That's great. Thanks for the clarification abhi.

Brush : Omega B&B 10 Anniversary
Soap : La Toja
Razor : Fatip Piccolo
Blade : GSB
:thumbup1: It's good to have you with us on our little trip to March Madness Ron. (Gotta love that Piccolo!)

Razor: Gillette Black Handled Super Speed W4 date code (My birth quarter and year, Just won it off the 'Bay).
Blades: Feather Hi-Stainless
Brush: No Name Synthetic (Bought off a member here, and have no idea the manufacturer)
Soap: Tabac.
:thumbup1: It's great to have you along Pat. I suspect this little game will improve technique for all of us.

Nice choices Cal. Cella rules! Fixed 4 is pretty much what I've been doing for February: ...
This has been a pretty solid rig but I'm looking forward to exploring some new soap options in March. You guys who are in have fun!
Thank you for your post Sideways. :biggrin1:

Looks like this fits with my restraint.

I could do three of the four, but I do not think I could do without some brush rotation! SORRY!

*With blades, if you chose say “Astra SP” you would stick to that blade, but use as many of them as you see fit.

View attachment 762369

Pre and Post Shave stuff isn’t included, so you can do exactly as you please in that area.

Typically you’d post saying “I’m in” and telling us your Fixed 4, but you don’t need to.

You can post every day to tell us how you’re getting on (we like that, and we like pics). You can also join us Fixed 4ers without making a single post (it’s entirely YOUR CHOICE).

If you post your Fixed 4 during February, then find out that you’d like to change it… that’s fine. Just let us know the changes before your first shave in March.

Let the madness begin.

View attachment 762369

Let the madness begin.
This sounds and looks good. Question, any razor qualify? DE, SE, or Straight?

Alright, my birth year/quarter razor came in. Looks nearly new (and a whole lot better than I do)!

So here's the pic of my March equipment.

proxy.php

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I want to do this but I don't like using a badger brush two days in a row, let alone 31! I'm going to have to SERIOUSLY think this one over though!

I am in and game.

Probables:
Razor: Merkur 1904
Blades: Persona Red(s)
Brush: Omega 11126
Cream: C. O. Bigelow

I want to do this but I don't like using a badger brush two days in a row, let alone 31! I'm going to have to SERIOUSLY think this one over though!
:001_rolle But CigarSmoka, how many brushes did your Great Grandfather have? And does that mean that if you purchase and love a $500 badger brush, and want to use it every day, that you need to buy two? :001_unsur

:thumbup1:

I am in and game.
:thumbup1:

WOOO HOOO!! It's on then...... :letterk1::lol::ihih:
:laugh: Sure thing!

Top Bottom