What's new

Fixed 4 for March 2017 — WHAT?

Here are my Fixed 4 for March:

1. Asylum RX SE
2. Zenith Silvertip Badger w/aluminum handle
3. KAI Captain Titan Mild Pink
4. WSP Formula T Barbershop

I LOVE MARCH MADNESS!!!!!!
I just realized that it's only February 18..... This waiting is going to be insane....
11 more days??! :(:(
IMG_0228.JPG

Last edited:
:001_rolle But CigarSmoka, how many brushes did your Great Grandfather have? And does that mean that if you purchase and love a $500 badger brush, and want to use it every day, that you need to buy two? :001_unsur

You made an unbeatable argument. I'll be using my favorite four the entire month of March then. Count me in!

I'm in. I use the same brush, razor, blade as it is, so no problem to zone in on one soap, my current favorite.

Brush: 1971 Floris of London badger, rebadgered by WD in 2014
Razor: Fatboy
Blade: Gillette SB
Soap: Martin de Candre Rose

I use 4711 cologne as an aftershave most days, but it'll be nice to have a choice.

IMG_2401.JPG
I'll be using my EJ de86 with Personna med prep blades, my favorite brush I've made with a Shave Revolution finest badger (an outstanding knot with great backbone and soft hooked tips), and Fine L'Orange Noir soap.

I'll follow up most if not all the shaves with Fine L'Orange Noir AS, and perhaps Musgo balm on days when my skin is dry.

:thumbup1:

If you use an adjustable, do you have to maintain the same setting throughout the month?
No. Use the same razor, but at any setting you choose. Hey, ain't that what adjustables are for Billy? :wink2:

I'll be using my EJ de86 with Personna med prep blades, my favorite brush I've made with a Shave Revolution finest badger (an outstanding knot with great backbone and soft hooked tips), and Fine L'Orange Noir soap.
:thumbup1:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
This 4 for March 2017 is coming along splendidly! Really enjoying the pictures! Most definitely eye candy for the soul! Okay, Okay, maybe a little over the top, but I am obsessed with this wonderful hobby after all! :ouch1::out::w00t:

I changed my mind. For my 'Fixed 4' I will use:

Brush : Muhle STF 25mm knot
Soap : Arko
Razor : AlumiGoose V1 with a Weber Wave handle
Blade : Feather Pro

Mongoose-Arko.JPG

I'm a maybe. Sounds like a fun challenge (I like to rotate), but...

I am still new to this and recently bought several razors. Over the next two weeks I'll have had a chance to try them all several times and determine a favorite I really want to get to know, but I'm trying a bunch of blades right now trying to get a feel for which I like best (I have a favorite right now) and trying to decide which will be my first 100 pack order (not necessarily my favorite since the three blades currently at a near tie for 2nd are a lot cheaper than my favorite). Hmm, would it be possible to modify it to a fixed 3?

Anyway, if I do it, here is my likely 4:
-Razor: TBD, though probably my RR OLD Type OC, Maggard MR3 v3, or Merkur 38C (I haven't even used the Merkur yet). The razors I've had a little longer have had some use and I'd want to get a good feel for one of my newer razors.
-Soap/cream: Either TOBS Almond cream (my favorite since the first day I used it) or Uncle Jon's Pipe Smoke (quickly becoming my favorite soap/2nd favorite soap/cream)
-Brush: Depends on which soap/cream. If I go TOBS cream, my RR Big Bruce synthetic, if I go Uncle Jon's soap, my Semogue 830
-Blade: No idea

I'm in!

(tentative Line-up)
Razor: Razorock Old Type
Blades: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow
Brush: Semogue 620
Cream: SV Tundra Artica

I'm in, but for me it'll be a fixed 3:

proxy.php

Brush: Shavemac DO-1 2 band
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor: 6/8 Garibaldi Straight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raven Koenes

My precious!
My Fixed 4 for March 2017 final lineup:
1. Razor: Merkur 37c
2. Blade: Gillette Platinum
3. Soap: Proraso (white)
4. Brush: Omega 10065
I thought about using Haslinger but changed my mind to Proraso. I've only shaved with my 37c for one week and thought it's time to really get to know her. Cheers!
003.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG
I'm putting my hat in the ring with a fixed three.

1 Kent brush inherited nos from my dad
2 Michael's Woolfat soap
3 Bruce Gregory Kamisorta

Top Bottom