What's new

Five dollar osma, is this real?

I thought I would check out osma, and I found one of the shippers on Walmart's website selling it for $5 for a 100 g tub. My wife has received forged/fake cosmetics from places like walmart.com, amazon, and eBay, and she was suspicious when I told her about getting a good deal on a shaving soap on Walmart's website. It's $5 with free shipping! I grabbed one today and shared it with my pipe and cigar forum, hopefully I didn't lead them astray, any thoughts?

Here is the link

I guess it would depend on brand popularity. The more famous (and expensive) a brand, the more likely to be cloned and sold for cheap. It maybe stock clearance for a "not flying off the shelf too fast" batch. Who knows ?

I thought I would check out osma, and I found one of the shippers on Walmart's website selling it for $5 for a 100 g tub. ...It's $5 with free shipping! I grabbed one today and shared it with my pipe and cigar forum, hopefully I didn't lead them astray, any thoughts?

Here is the link
I think it should be fine. This version of the soap is being closed out since Osma's come out with a newer version recently. I have bought from this vendor (Beautyways) before and there were no problems, and of course the price is very good.

This is not a really expensive soap -- at retail in Europe it costs about 12 euros per each. You are getting ~60% off.

This is an unconventional soap that requires a bit of practice to use well. The secret to using this soap is to load patiently to get enough soap on the brush, face lather it and add plenty of water. Alternately, you can apply the damp soap puck directly to your wet face like an oversized shaving stick, then face lather with plenty of water.

P.S. There is another Osma soap called Osma Tradition. This is an excellent soap with a classy scent containing shea butter and other moisturizing ingredients. It does not have alum in it like the other Osma soap. It comes in a heavy glass jar. I always get a great shave with the Osma Tradition soap. In fact, I think I'll use it today!
:D
osma-trad.jpeg

Last edited:
I thought I would check out osma, and I found one of the shippers on Walmart's website selling it for $5 for a 100 g tub. My wife has received forged/fake cosmetics from places like walmart.com, amazon, and eBay, and she was suspicious when I told her about getting a good deal on a shaving soap on Walmart's website. It's $5 with free shipping! I grabbed one today and shared it with my pipe and cigar forum, hopefully I didn't lead them astray, any thoughts?
Here is the link
I guess I'm one of the few that really like this soap. For $5 a pop I'm picking up a few.

I got scammed by a seller on walmart.com about 2 weeks ago. Chatted with walmart about the issue and they had to give the seller 48 hours to respond. I chatted again after the time was up and got a refund notice on my phone from walmart before they ever said they were going to do it.

Just a tip----If you get a tracking number and it says it's been delivered and you didn't get it. Call the post office and give them your address and the expected weight of the package to see if it matches the details of the tracking number. The scammers now somehow get ahold of a legit tracking number that is going to your town, but to someone else.

Top Bottom