What's new

Fitjar Islands

Anyone tried these soaps from Norway? Been using them for a while now and tend to rotate between Fjellheim and Slåtterøy. Incredibly easy to lather, creating a great glide and slickness.

iu-2.jpeg

Fjellheim As if you rolled in the juniper bushes on your way over the mountain

Folgefonn The tingling feel of the icy cold wind from a glacier on a still morning

Slåtterøy The scent of fearless spirit and exotic adventure

Havn The stillness of reaching safe harbour after a rough day at sea

If you are a minimalist (or graphic designer) you will love the packaging. The pre-shave bar is pretty good also.

I tried a sample of the Fjelheim which a friend of mine sent me but it didn’t blow me away. Yes, the scent and lather were good but it left my face feeling a bit dry.

Rick

It cost even more than top of the line brands like Saponificio Varesino and Martin de Candre. It also get less than stellar reviews, some say that it dries the skin. So my question is how well does it compare to other expensive shaving soaps?

It cost even more than top of the line brands like Saponificio Varesino and Martin de Candre. It also get less than stellar reviews, some say that it dries the skin. So my question is how well does it compare to other expensive shaving soaps?

Not sure it is really more expensive than SV and Martin de Candre... depends where you are shopping, but seems reasonable if bought direct from the artisan. Plus it is a pretty hard soap and lasts me a long time.

I'm not getting a dry skin feel. Would love to know how it compares to other top soaps as I discovered Fitjar pretty early on and have stuck to their soaps.

I'm a big fan. I lived in Norway for 6 years and the soaps tune in perfectly with my memories of travelling round the West Coast. My son stole Havn from me, which is a lovely soap, but I really like Folgefonn and Fjellheim. Slatteroy not quite so much. Top tier soaps for me.

Not sure it is really more expensive than SV and Martin de Candre... depends where you are shopping, but seems reasonable if bought direct from the artisan. Plus it is a pretty hard soap and lasts me a long time.

I'm not getting a dry skin feel. Would love to know how it compares to other top soaps as I discovered Fitjar pretty early on and have stuck to their soaps.

Are you still using these soaps? Do you still like them?

Top Bottom