What's new

Fitjar Islands - Soap vs Cream

Hope this is the right place to post this.

Has anyone tried both soaps and cream from Fitjar Islands? How do they compare? Which is better? I read the owner takes pride in the formulation of her shaving creams and that the soaps were not the same in terms of performance when they came out years ago (but they may be now?).

Thanks ahead of time for your feedback.

Fitjar soaps produced today are IMO really good. They are all I use these days, and I also really like their pre shave stubble softener. Being from Bergen in Norway, not to far from Fitjar, I love the scents of these soaps and the performance is more than good enough for me. Been a long time since I used the creams, remember them as very good too.

Welcome to B&B, Sir Golden_Edge!
Interesting that you're looking closely at Fitjars!
I've had several of her former-company versions, soaps and creams, plus a few samples of her new-company creams.
All were top-quality, nice scents and good performers.
I've not tried any of her most recent soaps, but, FWIW, of the earlier stuff, I tended to prefer the creams.
Nice and "buttery", with reasonably good lather.
A bit pricey given the shipping costs, but, what the hell, it's a hobby!

fitjars various.jpg

I’ve only tried the creams. The creams are pretty good.

Fitjar soaps produced today are IMO really good. They are all I use these days, and I also really like their pre shave stubble softener. Being from Bergen in Norway, not to far from Fitjar, I love the scents of these soaps and the performance is more than good enough for me. Been a long time since I used the creams, remember them as very good too.

Thank you for your feedback gents. The creams, and what appears to be unique scents is what I am after, so that's good to hear.

Welcome to B&B, Sir Golden_Edge!
Interesting that you're looking closely at Fitjars!
I've had several of her former-company versions, soaps and creams, plus a few samples of her new-company creams.
All were top-quality, nice scents and good performers.
I've not tried any of her most recent soaps, but, FWIW, of the earlier stuff, I tended to prefer the creams.
Nice and "buttery", with reasonably good lather.
A bit pricey given the shipping costs, but, what the hell, it's a hobby!

View attachment 1640390

Thank you Sir. It's good to be here.

Great photos as usual; I appreciated it.

Interesting indeed. Perusing my way through this hobby took me to the Fitjar Islands of Norway. I came across the brand through the SOTD photos of a gentleman in the Netherlands in a sub on Reddit first then on his page - The Shaving Dutchman. If you don't know of him already, and since you seem yourself into photography, you'll appreciate his pictures. He does work for brands in the hobby like Saponificio Varesino and some others.

I've noted your assessment about Fitjar's products. It helps, cheers.

Thank you Sir. It's good to be here.

Great photos as usual; I appreciated it.

Interesting indeed. Perusing my way through this hobby took me to the Fitjar Islands of Norway. I came across the brand through the SOTD photos of a gentleman in the Netherlands in a sub on Reddit first then on his page - The Shaving Dutchman. If you don't know of him already, and since you seem yourself into photography, you'll appreciate his pictures. He does work for brands in the hobby like Saponificio Varesino and some others.

I've noted your assessment about Fitjar's products. It helps, cheers.
Thanks for your note and nice words!
Indeed, Chris in Holland does a great job! Over 800 shaves!
I'm just a tad over 1900 shaves on my pinterest page, but had a few years advantage!
Best wishes on your own journeys!
Cheers!

Thanks for your note and nice words!
Indeed, Chris in Holland does a great job! Over 800 shaves!
I'm just a tad over 1900 shaves on my pinterest page, but had a few years advantage!
Best wishes on your own journeys!
Cheers!

1900 shaves! Thanks for sharing - love going through shaving set up photos. You get to discover the many companies and their products - be it razors, blades, soaps/creams, brush and what not.

Cheers!

I don't have much useful to add, but the price direct from them is pretty reasonable. I was waffling on an order last year after getting the samples from Gifts&Care in Spain. The creams are nice, but it's the hard soap that I want to try(since I know what scent already). But then I have to order one of those cement soap bowls! I was advised to try Lauger and managed to pick one up on sale from Pasteur. It's a very different sort of hard soap, behaves like a cream once off the puck, and I love it.

I don't have much useful to add, but the price direct from them is pretty reasonable. I was waffling on an order last year after getting the samples from Gifts&Care in Spain. The creams are nice, but it's the hard soap that I want to try(since I know what scent already). But then I have to order one of those cement soap bowls! I was advised to try Lauger and managed to pick one up on sale from Pasteur. It's a very different sort of hard soap, behaves like a cream once off the puck, and I love it.

I gravitate more and more towards creams but I am thinking to order some soaps to try as well. There is something unique about soaps. Should I not like them as much as creams, I'll sell them. I only keep what I use.

Lauger is another one on my radar. Good to hear it's a good one.

Top Bottom