What's new

Fitjar Creams!

About two years ago I bought a puck of Fitjar soaps on the BST. This was before they reformulated.

Long story short, I hated it and ended up selling it.

I heard lots of good things about the creams, but put of trying them based on my negative soap experience.

I bought some last week in the Citrus Kick scent.

WOW!!! Definitely worth the price! I don't know how people can say it costs too much when they willingly shell out for English creams costing as much or more and in smaller containers.

Fjellheim is on the list. Loved the scent in the soap so I will need it in a cream.

Fjellheim is on the list. Loved the scent in the soap so I will need it in a cream.

Top of my wishlist right now.

Drew, would it be fair to say that the consistency of the Fitjar cream is more of a hard cream or even a soft soap? I am a soaps guy :tongue_sm

Of the Fitjar shaving creams; I have used the Norwegian Fern scented one, the cream was/is as good as anything else that I've used performance wise, and also makes a good alternative for the discontinued English Fern shaving cream IMO.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I currently have a puck of soap (Norwegian Fern), used it this morning. There's something missing in there glide-wise. The lather is great but it's not as slick as it should. I'm think that I might need to add glycerin to it...

I've got a tub of the Fitjar Miklagard. It's my favorite shave cream (besides QCS which is more of a soft soap anyways). It's fantastic stuff - leaves everything else I've tried in the dust, to tell you the truth. Great scent, great lather and the post shave face feel is muy muy bueno.

Top of my wishlist right now.

Drew, would it be fair to say that the consistency of the Fitjar cream is more of a hard cream or even a soft soap? I am a soaps guy :tongue_sm

It's kind of just short of being a hard cream/soft soap. You can almost scoop with your brush, but I found it to be easier to just use something else to get the cream on the brush. I have a pocket knife with the old doctors blade thing that works great.

But if pine is your thing (like it is mine, much to my fiances displeasure) the Fjellheim is a must have.

And for the record, it runs $36 shipped for a very large tub. I think the review section has a Fitjar review that has its price per ounce compared to several other popular creams. I believe DR Harris and Castle Forbes are both costlier per ounce, but don't quote me on that.

It's kind of just short of being a hard cream/soft soap. You can almost scoop with your brush, but I found it to be easier to just use something else to get the cream on the brush. I have a pocket knife with the old doctors blade thing that works great.

But if pine is your thing (like it is mine, much to my fiances displeasure) the Fjellheim is a must have.

And for the record, it runs $36 shipped for a very large tub. I think the review section has a Fitjar review that has its price per ounce compared to several other popular creams. I believe DR Harris and Castle Forbes are both costlier per ounce, but don't quote me on that.

Thanks for the info :thumbup1:

The tub does look very big in photos...

Thanks for the info :thumbup1:

The tub does look very big in photos...

Yep, I checked into it and it is a 6.8oz/200 ml tub.

So while it isn't cheap by any means, it isn't the most expensive. And the scents are unlike anything else you can find.

I mean really, find me another pine/mint or grapefruit/pepper shaving cream.

Love it.

I've tried a couple of the scents so far, and neither the performance nor the scent was there for me. Like Luc said -- not nearly enough glide and slickness. I much prefer other artisan soap/cream hybrids. :thumbup1:

Fitjar is my favorite cream, and I don't think there's anything out there that leaves your face feeling better. My small criticism is that it has too much cushion, so the resulting shaves are not as close as when I use other products. As far as the consistency of the cream, I had issues with my Citrus Kick in that it was much firmer and drier than the other scents that I have used. See below.

On the left is Citrus Kick basically new and on the left is Bee My Honey, definitely used. The Bee My Honey is about perfect: glossy, moist, and easily removed from the tub with a twist of the brush. The Citrus Kick is matte, dull, basically a soap, and not very full even though it was barely used. It also weighed much less. I sent this tub back to Norway (this was before you could get it from SRD), and received a new one in basically the same condition only filled up more. There must be something with Citrus Kick that causes it to be like this (and the description in this thread seems to back this up). The Bee My Honey is maybe a bit lighter (due to the honey), than what I would consider the "standard" Fitjar consistency. While the Citrus Kick lathered ok, I don't think it worked as well as other Fitjar creams.

Hmm...

That seems to be a downer on the Citrus Kick. I suppose I will keep it for now and give it a few more uses.

I'm still searching for that elusive summer cream.

Hmm...

That seems to be a downer on the Citrus Kick. I suppose I will keep it for now and give it a few more uses.

I'm still searching for that elusive summer cream.

Does yours look like the one in the picture? If you like it, that's all that matters. It's definitely great stuff. The Citrus Kick also irritated my skin for some reason. If you are looking to try another, I'd recommend the Neroli, Bee My Honey or Mint Condition.

Mine does look like that, but it gave me one heck of a good shave. I send SRD an email about it and I guess I can't complain regardless.

I'm guessing it is the pepper that gave you trouble. I know it bothers some people (not me). Luckily for me, it is one of the few scents that really hands around on my skin.

I forgot all about the Mint Condition. Is it simply mint scented or nicely mentholated as well?

Neroli sounds like a good 'summer' cream. The Miklagard smells mostly like rosewood, with tinges of sandalwood and cedarwood. In other words, woodsy. Nice, crisp and clean. It's a year round scent for me.

Mine does look like that, but it gave me one heck of a good shave. I send SRD an email about it and I guess I can't complain regardless.

I'm guessing it is the pepper that gave you trouble. I know it bothers some people (not me). Luckily for me, it is one of the few scents that really hands around on my skin.

I forgot all about the Mint Condition. Is it simply mint scented or nicely mentholated as well?

Must just be the way it is. Like I said, it lathered pretty well, but I just didn't consider it a cream. If it didn't burn me, I would have get it. Yes, I think it was the pepper.

It's been a while since I've used the Mint Condition (I only had a sample). It's definitely not mentholated, but there is a slight cooling effect.

Good to know.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get samples anymore since they no longer sell direct to the US?

Top Bottom