What's new

Fitbit Charge HR

Anyone else rocking a fitbit? I just picked one up to track my daily calorie burn. Time to shed my winter weight and figured this might be a good motivator.

I just got one (Charge HR) this week...love it. Found that wearing it on the flexor surface of my wrist (read: palm side) rather than as a traditional watch that the HR is much more accurate. I tried on the Surge, but found it way to big, and since I am not an avid runner, I didn't need the built in GPS, the GPS in the App will be fine if I ever get more run serious.

I like the iPhone connectivity and alerts.

The "silent alarm" scared the begeezus out of my wife however...she woke screaming at me thinking I was drilling out a cavity!!!

I have one as well. It helps me keep tabs on my calories burned and water intake which I need since I burn so many calories per day.

One my third one... over 3 years. I keep upgrading. I have the surge. While it is big, it's not that much bigger than any of my other watches. The heart rate monitoring is not great in my opinion. It's great for running but not other exercises. I run and do crossfit and the heartrate was dead on compared to my garmin when running but way off doing crossfit.

InNae

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I've been using a Fitbit Zip since last fall. My Charge HR just arrived today. I plan on wearing them both for a couple of days so I can compare the step tracking.

One my third one... over 3 years. I keep upgrading. I have the surge. While it is big, it's not that much bigger than any of my other watches. The heart rate monitoring is not great in my opinion. It's great for running but not other exercises. I run and do crossfit and the heartrate was dead on compared to my garmin when running but way off doing crossfit.

InNae

curious if you tried wearing on the underside of your wrist (I wear mine on the underside of the right wrist-charge HR) I found the HR was much more accurate while doing crossfit type work out...would love to hear back to see if that made any difference for you.

curious if you tried wearing on the underside of your wrist (I wear mine on the underside of the right wrist-charge HR) I found the HR was much more accurate while doing crossfit type work out...would love to hear back to see if that made any difference for you.

Next time I go to Crossfit, I will have to try it out. I did wear it that way one time, but I don't pay a ton of attention to my heart rate most of the time.

InNae

I'm not sure if I agree with the heart rate monitor. The flights of stairs is pretty much worthless. So far I'm not too sure about this thing. My neighbor has one and he told me he felt as though it got more accurate the longer he wore his. Guess time will tell.

S

Scoti

I love my Fitbit I used to track calories with it via logging food but no I just use it for steps, active minutes l, distance etc. the HR function is cool and makes for more accurate workout stats.

Wrist based HR has always been iffy. It works well on some people and not at all on others. Everyone's skin is different and there are even some people that need several electrodes on their body to be measured at all. There's actually a lot of interference to measure HR at a point which is not all that close to your heart....and it gets worse if you're bouncing a lot like when you're jogging. A chest strap is significantly more accurate, but it's cumbersome and no one likes to wear them.

Top Bottom