What's new

first yixing pot?

HI all, been drinking tea for a long time....always been a fan of raw pu-erh. until now i have always used a porcelain gaiwan, but looking for something to make 2-3 servings at a time with. I have apparently converted quite a few folks at the office into drinking tea so we need something a little more efficient than doing 3 back to back steepings.

would like something traditional and no idea what size or quality to get. open on budget, i know they can get really pricy, but anything in the $30-60 range that would be good? if critical, can stretch that budget

Ad Astra

The Instigator
HI all, been drinking tea for a long time....always been a fan of raw pu-erh. until now i have always used a porcelain gaiwan, but looking for something to make 2-3 servings at a time with. I have apparently converted quite a few folks at the office into drinking tea so we need something a little more efficient than doing 3 back to back steepings.

would like something traditional and no idea what size or quality to get. open on budget, i know they can get really pricy, but anything in the $30-60 range that would be good? if critical, can stretch that budget
🤔 Watching with interest. I like the stuff from White 2Tea, but they're pretty quirky - something cool might sell out quick.

AA

buy good, this pot will take on the taste of what ever tea you use. boil the pot in pan covered in water and use a scoop of the tea you are going to use and boil for ten minutes then let set till cool and never use soap to clean I have two pots one for raw and one for cooked puerh. they are 22 years old and help some teas taste better, more rounded and I can make one cup at a time.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

I have had good experiences shopping at Yunnan Sourcing.

You may be able to get a decent pot close to $60 but probably a bit more.

Above $100 you are mostly getting more of a work of art ... part of which means it's a "better" pot in terms of a better pour ... but a lot of what you are paying for is "handmade by an artisan" and decorative flourishes.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
One thing I would recommend is getting a pot with a wider lid opening. This makes it much easier to get the dry chunk of tea into the pot and clean it out after your brewing session.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
One thing I would recommend is getting a pot with a wider lid opening.

For example:

1673381687807.png
1673381698198.png

Top Bottom