What's new

First Whiff - B&B Cologne

Gents-- I just (literally, just got back from the mail drop) received my sample of the B&B Cologne. My tear-the-envelope-open-and-take-a-whiff impression:

Wow. Nice. My uneducated (I might even say remedial) nose picked up mainly green-leaf and fruit (citrus?) notes first, followed by what I believe is Sandalwood (I say "believe" because I've never smelled real sandalwood before).

I've already dabbed a bit on my neck; I'll see if I get any comments from the office staff. Then the acid test when I get home, SWMBO. Stay tuned....

--Mark

Could someone translate SWMBO for me? I keep seeing it here, but am not sure what it means.

Single White Male Body Odour? :smile:

My wife gave it the thumbs up, which is quite the compliment. Normally she turns up her nose at any scent.

It really is nice, and lasts for a long time. I think perhaps a smidgen more in the sandalwood direction would be nice, but it is nitpicking at this point. I'll be buying this stuff for sure.

Scotto said:
My wife gave it the thumbs up, which is quite the compliment. Normally she turns up her nose at any scent.

It really is nice, and lasts for a long time. I think perhaps a smidgen more in the sandalwood direction would be nice, but it is nitpicking at this point. I'll be buying this stuff for sure.

Glad you like it Mark! Keep us posted...

Hi Gents--

Following up on my earlier post, I had an opportunity to let the ladies in the office give B&B a sniff. They ALL liked the scent to one degree or another, which is quite a feat considering the diversity of the staff. Most comments were that it was a "clean" scent. One particularly sophisticated lady impressed me by commenting "Real sandalwood! I haven't smelled that in a men's cologne in years."

The most important test was when I got home. SWMBO pronounced it "nice"--which is quite a reaction for her. She even suggested "wear it for a few days in a row so I can smell it on you for a longer time."

--Mark

This scent is downright dangerous. Seriously, it has now gotten to the point that I will not put on the cologne until after SWMBO has left the house. I can't seem to pry her off of me if I have it on. Just yesterday I was smacking her with a flyswatter as I was trying to get out of the house.

On a serious note...it is a wonderful scent. Definitely some green notes with some sandalwood underneath. I've actually found that as the day progresses the sandalwood becomes more pronounced. Every woman that I have allowed to sniff me :w00t: (this is a perfect excuse) has had nothing but nice things to say about the scent. The scent seems to be a bit much for shaving with though. Don't get me wrong, the shaves have been really good (as are all of Charles' shave sticks), but the scent just doesn't really appeal to me as a scent for a shaving stick. That being said, the cologne is awesome and Iwill be buying some as soon as it is available.

Bravo to both Charles and Joel for a fine scent.

rschul2 said:
This scent is downright dangerous. Seriously, it has now gotten to the point that I will not put on the cologne until after SWMBO has left the house. I can't seem to pry her off of me if I have it on. Just yesterday I was smacking her with a flyswatter as I was trying to get out of the house.

AAAHHHHHH maried life....how I miss it, but then again ba fangule. I am equally excited about this scent.

the package containing the cologne and shaving stick arrived today...I tried a quick spray on my wrist...it's been 3 hours...and the scent is still there, but very subtle. so far...2/2 ppl I've asked liked it...will try it out properly in the coming days

Top Bottom