What's new

First Wet Shave in Years

Not really a newbie as I started DE shaving in 2008 and straight in 2009. For the last 6-7 years I've been using nothing but a beard trimmer to sport the perma 5 o'clock shadow. I feel a bit like a newbie again and this seemed like the appropriate section to share.

My trimmer died about a week ago and I needed a shave. While cleaning the closet I found my stashed shave gear and thought "why not?". The razors were sharp and I needed to look presentable in the coming days.

I surprisingly had one of the best shaves of my life. Not perfect but I looked clean and professional with no irritation whatsoever. I've had two more shaves and both have been great as well. The latest got a little rough comparatively as I got more cavalier in experimenting with angles and passes for a closer shave. Ended up with some irritation and a couple ingrowns but nothing terrible.

In addition to checking back in at B&B I also wanted to give a a belated "thank you" to the community here. For years I battled with razor burn/bumps and ingowns on top of a persistent acne problem. Thanks to the people here I was able to get rid of the shaving related problems and feel good about my post shave look. A dermotoligist and time finally took care of the acne.

Thank you all at B&B.

Very interesting, I did the same trimmer thing for many, many years till I grew a long beard. I shave my head now, and sometimes the face (in summer).

Top Bottom