What's new

First Wet Shave In Over A Year. Glad To Be Back!

After an extended hiatus from the wet shaving world, I am back on the wagon with tonight’s excellent shave. So happy to be back again! I’m so relaxed and my face is thanking me as well.

Overall, I had been wet shaving for well over a decade, but somehow fell into a year long slump of beards and 5 o’clock shadows.

I was cleaning my bathroom and handling my wet shaving gear with that feeling of longing ever rising. I finally broke down and set up for a wonderful shave after tonight’s shower.

I went with my favorites/classics:

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Razor: Rockwell 6S Plate 3
Blade: Astra SP (1st Use)
Soap: Cella from Kilo Brick
Brush: Omega 10098
- I face lather, so no bowl.
Aftershave: Generic Witch Hazel followed up with Stirling’s Unscented Balm

A fantastic shave and it really reignited my love of the hobby!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
@CalmAsHinduCows

WELCOME BACK!!!
Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

but somehow fell into a year long slump of beards and 5 o’clock shadows.

Sounds like depression to me, I am prone to it myself. Things can be difficult out there in the world today, I myself lack motivation at times.

But now that your back, were gonna get this party started, were gonna eat so unhealthy it would scare our mother's. Drink far too much, cause its celebration time :thumbup: !!!WOOHOO!!!:thumbup:

🍻 :a17:

Welcome back! :thumbsup:

I too grew the "Covid beard" for the first 5 months of the pandemic but then I had to work so I shaved it off and fell into the world of DE razors. Before then I was a disposable cartridge user. Starting with a Wilkinson Sword TTO and Wilkinson shave soap I then acquired three vintage Gillette razors and never looked back. I now have a small collection of razors and am using the Proraso green soap of which I have come to really enjoy using.

Welcome Back! And you're still using the Cella from the brick - always a great shave.

I completely understand where you're coming from since for most of the pandemic (I've been working from home since 3/8/2020) I shaved every three or four days. Sometimes I went an entire week without shaving. However, my beard - apart from the goatee which never comes off - is very patchy, so I get disgusted with the look after a few days and shave.

Top Bottom