What's new

First Weeper with MDC

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I purchased my first jar of MDC in May. I like it quite a bit and have been using it at least 6 days a week. After a couple of months I realized I had not experienced one weeper with this soap. I have to say that I believe weepers come from momentary lapses in technique. For a long time I also believed that lather was not a significant part of the weeper process, but I no longer believe that.

I'm a pretty careful shaver and I normally go about 4 weeks between weepers. Yesterday was my first weeper in 4 months using the MDC. I am NOT saying that everyone should purchase MDC and enjoy 4 weeper-free months. It works for me. YMMV, and probably will. I'm only shaving my face.

I will say that the longevity on this jar is pretty amazing. I don't know how long a jar usually lasts, but I'm just a little below the threads on the neck of the jar after 4 months. I expect to get at least 9 months worth of daily use. I do a 3 pass shave and wash another pass or two worth of leftover lather down the drain each morning. Using a fairly dry (three shakes) SOC boar I load for about 10 seconds (which is too long, but I like a lot of lather) as this is pretty soft stuff.

I am somewhat relieved to finally have my first weeper with this soap - and it was a good one (knew it right away). I was starting to feel some pressure and now I'm free of that.:001_smile

I can't say I go that long without weepers because I go for 4 pass and touchups to get a BBS shave everyday. I have those ridiculous Italian whiskers that require some extra care to avoid weepers. That said, I have 75 different soaps, but my favorite is still MdC. I just never get a bad lather day. Some say MdC can be somewhat drying. Maybe my naturally oily Italian skin finally benefits me for something but I never experience dry skin afterwards. I love and enjoy many other soaps, and many are fantastic performers. I have several of the so-called high end luxury soaps and creams, but none top MdC for me, and I especially enjoy the Fougere scent.

MdC is definitely drying but that is the whole point of veggie soaps, to avoid shaving with animal fat :thumbup1:

All this MdC talk has me picking it out for my next shave. Great reviews as always gentlemen.

Top Bottom