What's new

First Week Newbie

Hi all

So glad I found this site

Got a Weishi last week from Amazon. Tried it out with the sample blade and it was rough.

Decided to look up some stuff online and found this forum.

Immediately ordered some Astra SPs...and while here I heard everyone talking about different higher quality shavers too so decided to sent the Weishi back and ordered a Merkur 33c.

Just shaved with my Merkur, the Astra's and some Sir Hare soap and wow what a difference!

My wife was impressed with the feel of my face too.

I was impressed I didn't have any weepers or irritation.

Will probably try some other soaps too.

Any suggestions for a low to no sent soap?

Strong smells give me headaches. Ordered the Sir Hare based on reviews of light sent and it's not bad but definitely there...plus it didn't lather very well.

I know that Stone Cottage amd B&M both have unscented soaps/creams. I’m sure there are also other vendors.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to B&B.
Immediately ordered some Astra SPs...and while here I heard everyone talking about different higher quality shavers too so decided to sent the Weishi back and ordered a Merkur 33c.
That is a good combination. The Weshi is known to be mild but the blade may have been the problem. Keep working on technique and the shaves will get better.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Welcome aboard.

Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat. Some people struggle to get it to lather, but it's a fantastic soap for those whose water will work with it. A similar soap which will likely be easier to lather is Haslinger Schafmilch.

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. Stirling Soaps have an unscented soap, ant the quality of their soaps is excellent (and inexpensive). give them a try.

Welcome to the Madness.

My fave unscented is Mitchell’s Wool Fat or the LEA stick. Both are easy to lather.

Can we ask what brush you’re using...?

Welcome to B&B!

Mike's Natural Soaps and Stirling Soaps are both great soaps and both make a non scented soap.

Top Bottom