What's new

First Vintage Shave - 40's style Super Speed...what a great razor...

I just shaved with my 40's super speed today for the first time and I'm awe struck at how awesome it was! It was silk smooth and gave me a closer shave than my Merkur 34C.

I have a '54 Z1 SS, the transition year. Mine is a '40s style, with the skinny handle. I've been using it nonstop for about three weeks, and will use it awhile longer. Then I'll clean/sanitize/polish it, and put it up for this fall's Sue Moore auction. Great razor, IME, close and comfortable.

Brad; I am so glad that you have found such a timeless shaver as a 1940's Super Speed. Like the servicemen who settled down to one- they are indeed no nonsense, no frills, just get the job done safely. It will be your favorite! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

I too recently have gone down the road of vintage Gillettes and I too recently got me a 40s style super speed and must say it is up there as one of my top razors I own now. But it has become a little bit of an addiction because I now want all of the super speeds, and all of the adjustables lol. For me I am not all that excited about getting the really old stuff because I like the TTO style and how they work. I do own a tech and a modern 3 piece and they work fine but they just don't make me think neat like a TTO does. Then again my profession is an automotive technician and my other hobbies include fixing up cars and building computers so I like mechanical type stuff.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

The 40's style SS is a great razor, I have given mine the backseat to my 40's British Rocket. I have picked up many of these, cleaned them and given a few away to new shavers interested in trying out DE shaving as their first razor, I would call them a Goldilocks razor for many.

Just got a late 40’s SS myself. Then immediately wanted a “no notch” which I hope is on way from EBay.

I prefer the looks of the ‘40’s to the later ‘50’s handle.

Top Bottom