What's new

First Vintage Purchase

I am new to DE shaving(about a month) but have been bitten by the vintage bug. Last week while in Florida I stopped by a little hole in the wall antique shop and found a nice Gillette in its case. The razor looks almost new but was definitely not used very much. From my small amount of knowledge I though it was an Aristocrat but alas it is actually the much rarer Diplomat. I paid $35 for the razor and case which i think was a steal in retrospect. Unfortunately they did not have any other shaving items. Let me know what you think of my first vintage purchase. I was also gifted a few vintage razors this week and I will share those in another post. Thanks for looking and sharing with a newbie.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 130
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 129
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 129
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 129
You got ripped off.... I truly hate to see that happen to the new guys ..
send me your address and I'll send you your money back and I'll take
that junker off your hands ;)

Thanks fellas. I almost died after we got back to my Aunt's house that evening and got to do some research on the razor. Problem is now I want to find a matching President to go with it and I'm definitely not going to hit the jackpot twice.

Once in a while one of us here scores beyond recognition. This, my friend, is one of those scores.

I feel the same way you do. I also collect vintage movie posters and I've found a "score" probably twice in ten years of collecting. What's so bad is I've now been to every antique shop within a 45 minute drive of my home checking things out to see what I could find and I've seen nothing even close. One of those right place, right time kind of deals I guess.

I have an extra blade protector in amazing shape, pm me your address and I will PIF it to you. They deserve to be with a case and razor in such amazing shape.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392090319.528718.jpg

That's a heck of a find! That's got to be a real satisfying feeling to find something in that condition in the wild! Good eye and continued luck!!

Top Bottom