What's new

First use!

I have been waiting for my GEM micromatic for about a week now, and finally got it today! After a little elbow grease to remove the 50 years of scum under the door, I gave it a nice soak in barbicide and promptly took it for a test drive... I like it, obviously I will need to get my technique refined a bit. But I had watched some Youtube vids, and read advice from the wonderful SE users on BnB. Will this razor make me give up on King Gillette and his empire of razors in my collection.... Now as of today I will say no. But this little GEM has made into my regular rotation. Don't get me wrong, I liked the shave it gave!! Anyways gents, just wanted to ramble a bit, I was pretty excited!!!LOL

Will this razor make me give up on King Gillette and his empire of razors in my collection.... Now as of today I will say no. But this little GEM has made into my regular rotation.shave it gave!!

Keep shaving with it and refine your technique and I bet King Gillette will get demoted to common folk--All hail Mr.GEM

Will this razor make me give up on King Gillette and his empire of razors in my collection.... Now as of today I will say no. But this little GEM has made into my regular rotation.shave it gave!!

Keep shaving with it and refine your technique and I bet King Gillette will get demoted to common folk--All hail Mr.GEM

I couldn't agree more! I was a die-hard dedicated Gillette razor snob. I took a chance on a shave with an Ever-Ready 1912, and I have not used a DE since. I love my collection of Gillette razors, but for shaving is is all SE's from now on.

I couldn't agree more! I was a die-hard dedicated Gillette razor snob. I took a chance on a shave with an Ever-Ready 1912, and I have not used a DE since. I love my collection of Gillette razors, but for shaving is is all SE's from now on.

Inferno---What about your signature line--time to change the Gillette part?

I've thought about that, but all my DEs are Gillette. I'm still a razor snob for them. I just don't use them anymore. When my OCMM comes in, I may have to ammend it further.

Top Bottom