What's new

First use of Arko

A coworker had spent some time in Turkey, and picked up several items for me, including Arko.

I liked the scent, it was similar to ivory but a stronger refreshing scent.

I put it into a push up tube. Have used it a couple of times now and happy with the performance. It is very easy to lather, and I was surprised at how good the lather is.

$4 Order Aug 2014 005.jpg

It's really a great slick soap for the low cost. A lot of folks are driven away from the smell which is partially why it took me so long to get into it.
Overall a good soap that should be considered by all wet shavers new and old.

I don't think it smells like ivory at all. Just picked it up and it smells like cheap soap to me. My wife hates the scent. The lather is awesome and protective but can't get past the acent

I don't think it smells like ivory at all. Just picked it up and it smells like cheap soap to me. My wife hates the scent. The lather is awesome and protective but can't get past the acent

You can try leaving a puck open to the air for a while (week or so?), perhaps the scent will fade.

Arko is dah bomb, and you just need to get past the smell.
If you want a sophisticated fragrance, spend the big bucks on MdC.
If you want a shave stick that costs half nothing (perhaps due to its cheap fragrance - duh!), yet performs like the best of them, Arko's your only man. The fragrance dies down quite quickly after your shave. I find that after my usual post-shave routine of a splash of Thayer's Witch Hazel followed by Nivea Sensitive Balm, the smell's gone vanished.
For those who complain of their other half's resistance to the fragrance, ask them not to enter the theater of shave and wait til the mission is completed. Simple.

I too love the scent. I grated a stick into a WCS push pop container and that really locked in the scent. I came back to it for a "smash and grab" shave last week after not using it for a couple of months and it still smelled like the day I got it. great stuff and totally reliable.

Arko is dah bomb, and you just need to get past the smell.
If you want a sophisticated fragrance, spend the big bucks on MdC.
If you want a shave stick that costs half nothing (perhaps due to its cheap fragrance - duh!), yet performs like the best of them, Arko's your only man. The fragrance dies down quite quickly after your shave. I find that after my usual post-shave routine of a splash of Thayer's Witch Hazel followed by Nivea Sensitive Balm, the smell's gone vanished.
For those who complain of their other half's resistance to the fragrance, ask them not to enter the theater of shave and wait til the mission is completed. Simple.

I was moved by this post.

I too have recently discovered Arko. I love the scent which is like ivory soap but much stronger. Mine is the puck in the red plastic bowl, is there a difference between the puck and stick?

I wouldn't say I love the scent but it's more than tolerable. I would rate it better than cella for scent.

Top Bottom