What's new

First Use of AC Blades (Feather Professional) & Razorock Hawk V2 (Head Shaving)

hey there people so i got the razorock hawk v2 delivered today and been waiting patiently to give it a blast

so the razor itself is really light, bit of a steep head on it and the handle has some really nice ridges on it so grip is really good no issues whatsoever
finding the angle is really easy and it really reminds me of my schick injector razor but somewhat more rigid, more solid, sharper and smoother

these feather professional blades for me seem a bit world apart from the feather de blades,
reason why i say that is because although the feather de blades are sharp theyre imo not the smoothest for me and can cause a fair bit of irritation YMMV

i dont know if this freather professional blade is generally regarded as being on the average scale of things when it comes to smoothness,
but it did feel really comfortable and smooth to me tbh

so all in all very easy to use, smooth and sharp, i really like it however i do agree with what i the youtuber IAMCDB says that although the head is wider on the AC blades you dont really use the full width unless youre using the razor on the sides of the head, as oppose to the top of the head

i normally just throw away the blade after one use when it comes to de blades,
but i did do something different and that was clean the blade after use and dry it off,
reason being is i want to see how many shaves i can get out of this feather professional blade,
think off the top of my head i did read something like you can get roughly 7-10 shaves from a single blade

what i will say is that i can totally understand now why people who facial shave love AC blades and razors especially if youre clean shaven as it just mows down everything in sight lol

all in all very happy with the shave, alreadying thinking about the next purchase i like the idea of getting the razorock v3 especially because of the open comb
also the oscam because i understand you have different plates,
and last but not least after testing the waters with this AC razor and blades i really want to try the vector which seems to get praised highly from most of the wet shaving community

i just got a quick question, which AC blades is regarded as the smoothest?

i just got a quick question, which AC blades is regarded as the smoothest?
Let's see:

It depends. Oh wait! YMMV 🤣🤣

Seriously dude... you're not expecting anyone to determine which blade is going to be the smoothest for YOUR face, are you?

Just get them all and experiment, that's the only way to eventually find out.

Enjoy the ride!

Let's see:

It depends. Oh wait! YMMV 🤣🤣

Seriously dude... you're not expecting anyone to determine which blade is going to be the smoothest for YOUR face, are you?

Just get them all and experiment, that's the only way to eventually find out.

Enjoy the ride!
noi obviusly not lol 😂

i mean what is regarded as the blades which are more on the smoother side of things,
thought that wouldve been obvious lol 😂

which AC blades do you prefer?

Good advice here in the first reply.

Get sample blades of SE Feather Artist Club, KAI and other brands and keep other factors consistent (shave gears) and give it a month or two of shaves to decide which blade is perfect for your needs.

Only suggestion - start with the mildest blades first like Feather Pro Guard and then move on to the more efficient blades.

That way you'll not miss any blade just because it is less efficient than your current blade.

Good advice here in the first reply.

Get sample blades of SE Feather Artist Club, KAI and other brands and keep other factors consistent (shave gears) and give it a month or two of shaves to decide which blade is perfect for your needs.

Only suggestion - start with the mildest blades first like Feather Pro Guard and then move on to the more efficient blades.

That way you'll not miss any blade just because it is less efficient than your current blade.
any ideas wheres the best place to get ac blade sampler pack?

Here you go:

Edit: Schick is also a brand of Artist Club blades that you can look at.

Also, make sure that the blade is placed and stay put in the razor snugly, some blades have minute differences in their dimensions and that can lead to less that optimal fitting in the razor.

Reactions: saj

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Connaught’s also has the Proshave S platinum coated AC blades. You could be the first kid on the block to pair them with a RazoRock Hawk and head shaving.

The RazoRock Hawk V3OC is very efficient at head shaving. At least for my one-and-done attempt with just under an inch of hair all over, no skills, and a Schick Proline P series blade…. The cuts healed fine.

tryablade offers one as well: All Artist Club Razor Blades - TryABlade.com - http://tryablade.com/artistclub

Having been an AC shaver for many years now, and having tried most if not all of the AC blades at one time or another- the Feather Pros have lately been my go to blade, as I've been able to get my supply of these for under 50 cents a blade in each of the last two years- I have a few hundred in stock. But, the Schick Prolines P-30, the Feather Super Pros, Kai Captain Pink have all been good for me at one time or another and in different holders. In a guarded blade the Kai Protouch MG was my favorite. Since I don't head shave, of course YMMV.

noi obviusly not lol 😂

i mean what is regarded as the blades which are more on the smoother side of things,
thought that wouldve been obvious lol 😂

which AC blades do you prefer?
I've only ever used Feather blades, all of them. All are great IME, depending on what type of shaving experience you want.

For that true like-a-SR feeling, obviously the Pro Super is the answer. If you want an ultra-mild, sort of worry-free shave, then the SoftGuard is the one. ProGuard is just a tad bit more "aggressive", yet still guarded and mild. And then there is the regular Pro blade, which is probably the best choice overall.

There are not really that many options, as besides Feather, only Kai and Schick manufacture AC blades. Kai has 3 types, Schick has one. Kai has different coating, some ppl prefer that. Schicks are allegedly the smoothest ones...

Last edited:
Here you go:

Edit: Schick is also a brand of Artist Club blades that you can look at.

Also, make sure that the blade is placed and stay put in the razor snugly, some blades have minute differences in their dimensions and that can lead to less that optimal fitting in the razor.
Great info.

Word of caution: the Feather Light won't fit any AC-type SE razor head, as the holes are too small for pins to lock and hold the blade. It will only work with the Feather AC razor.

1628619233922.png

Top Bottom