What's new

First use of a Voskhod.

I like them too, but some people hate them.

They certainly are reasonably priced.

I just have to try everything for myself since reports about blades vary so greatly from one person to another.

I really liked them too. Wasn't sure what teh result would be given the general split on consensus, but my face took to them just fine. Like TimeToTarget said, I too feel compelled to try most stuff for myself due to everyone's uniqueness.

They ROCK. I like almost every Russian blade, even Ladas. Voskhod, seem to me, to be slightly shaper and comfortable than Ladas. I put them slightly under the Perma Sharp Super in sharpness. Try the Gillette Nacet blade.. perfect balance of the sharpest and smoothest blade around, oh so good!
However, I have over 1,000 Voshod blades in my closet. A great all around blade, as you can tell by how many I have stocked up.

Last edited:
They ROCK. I like almost every Russian blade, even Ladas. Voskhod, seem to me, to be slightly shaper and comfortable than Ladas. I put them slightly under the Perma Sharp Super in sharpness. Try the Gillette Nacet blade.. perfect balance of the sharpest and smoothest blade around, oh so good!
However, I have over 1,000 Voshod blades in my closet. A great all around blade, as you can tell by how many I have stocked up.

I forgot to mention inexpensive. I was able to buy, from a Russian eBayer, 1,000 blades for around $65 a few years back.

I have a mixed history with Voskhod. The bad is I have some blades that were incorrectly ground and released from the factory. They are among the worst blades I've ever used. The good is, my "normal" Voskhods are one of the smoothest blades I've ever tried. Good on the first use, sublime on the second, fading on the third, wishing I had thrown them away on the fourth.

I have a lot of blades, so I don't prize longevity in razor blades as much as I do in other products. Two great shaves and one great one is a good blade in my book.

I agree with CW62803. I hate it when a blade bites because I went too far. Give me 3 good shaves and I’m happy.
Don’t know how I ended up with so many blades ( and so many soaps and creams).

I agree with CW62803. I hate it when a blade bites because I went too far. Give me 3 good shaves and I’m happy.
Don’t know how I ended up with so many blades ( and so many soaps and creams).
You get baited by the idea that DEs are cheaper than carts.

You get baited by the idea that DEs are cheaper than carts.

So true, Billy T. I have enough for my lifetime and my son's. He's 19 years old and uses a Gillette Super Speed. I have a total of 9,000 from all brands (Gillette Nacet, Rapira Plat. LUX, Polsilver, Voshod, Gillette 7 o'clock blacks, Ladas, and others) I'm addicted to having enough blades (he, he) but I only buy inexpensively on eBay from foreign sellers. I also like to give away a lot. Plus, a decade or more of Schick SE blades. I plan to be shaving into my 130's. I'm 52... LOL

I tend to toss my cheap blades (Ladas and Voshod) after 1 or 2 shaves. That could be seen as one advantage to using them over a sharper, more expensive blade, like Polsilver. You rotate fresh ones more often.

Last edited:
I bought two tucks of Voskhod a few months ago. Tried one in a Gillette Slim Adjustable and a Razorock Old Type, and found the blades okay at best, but nothing special. This week I decided to load one each in my prewar Tech, my Gillette 77, and my English Gillette New; today I used the 77, and was far better impressed with the Voskhod in that one. The New will probably give the same results, we'll have to see with the Tech.

I usually toss blades after the second shave, so I'm not expecting tons of longevity. (So far, Astra SP is the only blade that I can push comfortably to a third shave.)

I have finished a trial with the Voskhod blade in my EJ89. I was able to get 5 real good shaves with it. The 6th one ended good, but definitely felt some pulling during the shave. I won't try for a seventh.... 6 is good. Pretty good blade for me. I like them. I have a long list to go to see what i like best, but these are definitely in the running with price and comfort. Now onto the Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow.

I have finished a trial with the Voskhod blade in my EJ89. I was able to get 5 real good shaves with it. The 6th one ended good, but definitely felt some pulling during the shave. I won't try for a seventh.... 6 is good. Pretty good blade for me. I like them. I have a long list to go to see what i like best, but these are definitely in the running with price and comfort. Now onto the Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow.
I enjoyed both Voskhod and Gillette 7 o'clock yellows, after my mishap with the Perma-Sharp i returned to the yellows, i've managed to get 8 shaves from one blade.

This thread inspired me to grab some V's.

$8.62/100 shipped. Amazing how cheap blades are these days. I remember (in 2009) when $40 for 100 Russian Gillette Platinums was a good deal. Ouch!

I'm one of those on the other side of the fence. I don't like them much at all. I can get an ok shave out of them but it takes a lot of extra work.

I love my Voskhod!
So cheap you can just toss em after each shave, all blades in the same quality, easy to obtain in large quantities. Perfect blade in most of my DEs!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Top Bottom