What's new

First use of a Voskhod.

It really depends on the beard, if the beard is not very dense and hair is relatively thin then Voskhod is EPIC, quite smooth and comfortable, but if the beard is thick and highly dense then Voskhod will turn into a tugging crane and won't cut hair well, thus you will start applying pressure and getting irritation

For me the Voskhod blades did very well in my viking razor. 6-7 comfortable shaves. I just finished the voskhod in my Canadian tech and it was just OK. No nicks but some irritation because I had to make multiple passes to clear all the stubble by shave 4. They're cheap enough that I wouldn't feel guilty throwing the blade out at 3 shaves.

I agree that they are fairly cheap to buy, I had the same results as a few of the other posters. I'm a head shaver so my shaves cover a little more real estate than face shavers. The first shave is just a touch harsh, the second is perfect and the third is on it's way out. No way can I get four BBS shaves out of a Voskhod. I can do better with other popular blades mentioned on here. Good for you can get more out of them.

It really depends on the beard, if the beard is not very dense and hair is relatively thin then Voskhod is EPIC, quite smooth and comfortable, but if the beard is thick and highly dense then Voskhod will turn into a tugging crane and won't cut hair well, thus
you will start applying pressure and getting irritation
^^THIS^^
Actually any DE blade review should start with hair type disclaimer. I did not pay attention and ended up spending on 100. I can't use them beyond 2 shaves. They are bees knees in comfort because they are so dull to start with.

I'll chime-in by agreeing Vosk's are not too very sharp, and very smooth. They are not excessively dull, they're just not highly sharp, either. They're dirt cheap though, and a comfortable shave.

I see a ton of love for this blades, just use one for the first time last night and i am not impressed, not bad, but nothing to write home about, i have a long way to go with the sampler pack i have, so far the personna lab blue beats the Voskhod

These were among the first blades I tried when I first started DE shaving. I liked them better than most blades I was using, but they eventually dropped out of rotation as others grew on me. I tried one again a while back, and found it serviceable but a bit tuggy. I have a couple tucks left, so my son will probably inherit them, one way or another.

It really depends on the beard, ... , but if the beard is thick and highly dense then Voskhod will turn into a tugging crane and won't cut hair well, thus you will start applying pressure and getting irritation
Unfortunately I have to agree. I've tried them in all 7 of my razors, and am just about finished with the last of my first 100 pack. I bought 2 of the 100 packs and will not even open the second.
Too many good blades out there (Astra, GSB, Personna Red, 7:00 yellow, etc.) to use up the time tugging: YUK!
:-(

Voskhod Teflon coated are my favorite blades currently. I agree that it all depends on beard type but I have very dense growth but fine whiskers. My face is also extremely dry and hence, sensitive (with a few eczema patches on my neck). Vokhods do a fantastic job for me. Better than even Personna Reds (my next favorite blade) for both quality of shave and feel (ie. lack of irritation).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Different face and structure here, but Voskhods are my favorites too! Sharp, forgiving, freakin cheap and just the best allround performance. My next best is Polsilver, they are quite similar for me, but still Voskhod has the lead!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Different blades work for different folks. Voskhod blades are smooth and fairly sharp, so they can work well for many folks. With my tough beard Voskhods work well in an aggressive razor, but not so well in a mild razor. In milder razors I live blades that are very sharp and yet still are smooth.

My favorites are BIC Chrome Platinum, Gillette Nacets (as mentioned previously), Personna Israeli Reds, Gillette 7 o"Clock Blacks, and German Wilkinson Swords and Personna Crystals. They all are sharp without sacrificing smoothness. I am getting ready to test some Dorco Primes to see how they compare to my favorites.

Purchased 2 variety sampler packs. The Voskhod blade worked well in the fatboy. Thumbs up.
That's exactly how I discovered the Voskhods a while back. I hadn't read anything about them to that point. Just randomly put them in my blade holder (Timeless Ti I think it was) and I knew they were special after the first stroke. No tugging and sooo smooth.

I only use Voskhod blade in my Gillette Adjustable Slim and Gillette SuperSpeed (40s style) and gives me more than 5 smooth shaves for every blade.

I like them in my Gillette New Short Comb. I find them almost as smooth as Gillette Silver Blue, but not as sharp. I prefer GSBs and Israeli Reds.

Just got my first pack of Voskhods today. Looking forward to trying one tomorrow morning. I just love it when that package is delivered :)

@Billy T. Wow. What a smooth shave I had this morning. My first shave with a Voskhod. Close and smooth. I think this may be the best shave I've ever had. Will have to see if I can repeat it tomorrow. 100 blades for $7.50. Cmon. I have yet to try a Feather blade which I assume will define the meaning of "sharp" but if Voskhods are supposed to be adequately sharp but extra smooth, I think more smooth may be my preference. Anyway, really enjoyed that first shave with them. Using a West Coast Shaving 110s OC. Shave on.

I found them to tug for the first shave and then smooth out. I think I got 3 shaves out of them. One, meh and two good ones.

Top Bottom