What's new

First use of a Nacet

This morning I used a Gillette Nacet for the first time. I lathered up with Fine American Blend soap and used an Edwin Jagger DE89 for the blade. I had three days growth and the Nacet was exceptional. I now know why it has such a good reputation. I really didn't need a third pass but did it anyway. A real BBS shave with very little if any irritation. It's hard to judge a blade after one use, but I'd say this blade is not only very sharp, but very smooth as well. If it continues to perform like this I might have a new favorite.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I also recently tried a Nacet for the first time. Impressive. I bought a 100 pack just based on the reputation. It was a good purchase. They will go in the rotation for sure.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Same here, liked the nacet from the first shave. I really like the consistency of the blades performance, each shave as good and equal as the last.

One of my top three blades. Always giving me a smooth, close, comfortable shave. Enjoy !!

IMG_0040.JPG

Nacets are in the running for the blade I want use for the One-Blade-In-February challenge. Nacets, Gillette Silver Blues, Gillette Platinums and Wilkinson Chromes are the pool I'm picking from. I've not used any of these blades before.

Nacets are in the running for the blade I want use for the One-Blade-In-February challenge. Nacets, Gillette Silver Blues, Gillette Platinums and Wilkinson Chromes are the pool I'm picking from. I've not used any of these blades before.
I shave every 48 hrs and took one to fourteen shaves last year. My challenge is to figure out how to get at least one more this February. Team Nacet!

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Had a good shave today with a Nacet in a mamba 70. About 4 shaves on this blade. Gonna keep going.

I don't own the mamba 70, but from what I've heard about the razor, that sounds like maybe a perfect combination.

Nacets are great blades. Only problem is that there are several other Gillette blades that are also “Top Tier”. I’m not knocking them but really like Gillette Rubies a bit better but it’s a tough comparison.

Nacets are made by Gillette in St. Petersburg, Russia, the home of many great brands of DE blades. Nacets are some of the sharpest Gillette blades, yet they are still reasonably smooth.

Gillette Rubies are not as sharp as Nacets, but those who do not require the sharpest blades might prefer them.

Thanks to the kindness and generosity of @emwolf , I used a Nacet for the first time this morning and man!!! I cannot believe how this blade tore through 3 days of growth like it was butter! That was not only the smoothest, but the most comfortable shave I ever had!! Good grief!! I thought the GSBs were good, look out kids!! :)

Top Bottom