What's new

First unread post doesn't work correctly after ad display

Normally when I click on a thread title, this results in going to the first unread post in the thread. However, this is broken immediately after a full-page ad is displayed. In that case I am taken to the next page of the thread (unless it's the first time reading the thread), and I have to go back to the previous page to see what posts I might have missed.

The workaround for me is to first click on something I don't really want to read, so that I can get the ad display over with and be free of the problem for a little while. I am using Chrome on a Chromebook.

Thanks. I don't know what happened, but I stopped getting the full-page ads, so the problem is no longer reproducible. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
We are getting some reports that Google type ads are causing problems on some Apple devices, though it is on the end user side, and a few other folks have reported intrusive large ads who shouldn't be getting them, but they seem to be sporadic and do disappear after a log out, cookies and cache clearing, and log in.

For those who are supposed to see ads, the ads are run from a script by the ad company.
There are, from time to time, a few glitches here and there and while I am very sorry to hear of the problem, there is very little that we can do here about the ad partner.

The problem is back, or still there. I did try a logout, clearing cache and cookies, and a login. I'll let people know if I figure something out.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Normally when I click on a thread title, this results in going to the first unread post in the thread. However, this is broken immediately after a full-page ad is displayed. In that case I am taken to the next page of the thread (unless it's the first time reading the thread), and I have to go back to the previous page to see what posts I might have missed.

The workaround for me is to first click on something I don't really want to read, so that I can get the ad display over with and be free of the problem for a little while. I am using Chrome on a Chromebook.
I think this is where I found the answer yesterday providing you are using a Mac:

The problem is back, or still there. I did try a logout, clearing cache and cookies, and a login. I'll let people know if I figure something out.
I take that back. I don't think that I selected "All time" when clearing cache and cookies. I just now redid the clearing of cache and cookies. We'll see what happens now.

Top Bottom