What's new

first travel w DE and stick

well traveled for 4 days and used the stick for the first time (mama bears)

WOW -- i got a gr8 gr8 gr8 lather working on the face... I heartily recommend all to get one for travel-- or even when you are in a rush, this worked real quick:w00t:

well traveled for 4 days and used the stick for the first time (mama bears)

WOW -- i got a gr8 gr8 gr8 lather working on the face... I heartily recommend all to get one for travel-- or even when you are in a rush, this worked real quick:w00t:

Shave sticks are wonderful things. I'm a big fan of Arko.

I recently traveled for a couple of days and took the Irisch Moos and a brush along. I've used the stick at home a few times, but it was also wonderful on the road. What I really like is that it's more compact and easier to take along than a can of goo used to be.

I presume shave sticks were originally designed for travelling?

I use them at home all the time anyway. Palmolive or Erasmic. Very convenient and economical.

Even at home when turned upside down the shave stick is a handy way to fill your shaving brush. Of course it's up to the skill of the shaver but IMO loading upside down with a stick is faster.

I face lather 100% of the time, 99% of the time with Shavesticks :thumbup:

Even my pucks have been turned into shavesticks:blink:

Last edited:
Shave sticks are a great way to travel- a small travel brush and a DE and you are good to go!

Tried my first stick today...Speick. Cant say I liked it. I felt like I was grinding the soap on my stubble.

End of story...milled it down into a container :biggrin1:

Tried my first stick today...Speick. Cant say I liked it. I felt like I was grinding the soap on my stubble.

End of story...milled it down into a container :biggrin1:

you could have tried soaking it for a few minutes to soften the soap.. was away for most of last week with a tallow Erasmic stick and Wee Scot - lather explosion every morning.

you could have tried soaking it for a few minutes to soften the soap.. was away for most of last week with a tallow Erasmic stick and Wee Scot - lather explosion every morning.

That would be complicating things, I would need another cup to soak the soap. I'm trying to keep things simple :001_smile

I also didn't like the aluminum foil idea covering the stick. I would have much rather preferred some king of plastic tube covering.

That would be complicating things, I would need another cup to soak the soap. I'm trying to keep things simple :001_smile

I also didn't like the aluminum foil idea covering the stick. I would have much rather preferred some king of plastic tube covering.

you want the moon on a stick :001_smile

I just throw the stick into the basin while I get things ready, did this for a little too long on this Erasmic stick and lost a fair bit of soap dissolved away tho.

you want the moon on a stick :001_smile

I just throw the stick into the basin while I get things ready, did this for a little too long on this Erasmic stick and lost a fair bit of soap dissolved away tho.

Yeah I figured throwing the whole thing would waste soap...you would also have to leave it out to dry afterwards. If you pack it up in the foil and store it, I'm sure that would be a good reason for mold to grow. Seems a lot easier to just load my brush from a dish.

I just hold the tip of the stick in the sink for a few seconds as I'm filling it, then rub 'lightly' over the face. That helped a lot with the unpleasant grinding sensations.

Yeah I figured throwing the whole thing would waste soap...you would also have to leave it out to dry afterwards. If you pack it up in the foil and store it, I'm sure that would be a good reason for mold to grow. Seems a lot easier to just load my brush from a dish.

I've a few vintage shaving travel kits that come with chromed/bakelite pots to hold soap and brushes - they're pierced in the lids to allow air to circulate. I used this one last week - Bay Rum in the cologne bottle, and the small leather wallet held a disassembled open comb Tech.

proxy.php

I've a few vintage shaving travel kits that come with chromed/bakelite pots to hold soap and brushes - they're pierced in the lids to allow air to circulate. I used this one last week - Bay Rum in the cologne bottle, and the small leather wallet held a disassembled open comb Tech.

proxy.php

Very nice set!

Top Bottom