What's new

First timer

Hi guys,

Wanted to drop by and first of all thank you all for the great content on this site. This has really helped me make a decision on how to go on.

I decided to grow a beard almost 2 years ago because I got sick of shaving. Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I was coming up to apply for a new promotion. Boss hates the beard so I decided to shave for a better chance. got the promotion (yay).

Then I remembered how much I hated shaving. Always get tugging and razor burn even through my hair growth relatively soft. I just thought this was a normal part of shaving.

So started doing some research after I noticed my barber using a different type of razor.

Last week I bought a cheap DE razor (the Feather one) when in Australia. I got a pack of Astro razors and a boar brush as well as the red Proraso soap. Total price AUD60. This way I thought if I don't like it at least I didn't spend too much.

After reading up endlessly to make sure I wasn't going to do it wrong and getting terrified of cutting myself the time arrived yesterday to try it out.

Firstly - I didn't cut myself! Secondly - the razor burn seems to have disappeared? Thirdly - wow what an amazing feeling. Who knew shaving could feel this good and not hurt. So I'm sold & addicted now! :)

Welcome to the club, David. Glad to have you aboard. It's funny that you use the word "addicted." If you hang around here very long, you WILL become addicted. Before long you will have more razors, blades, brushes, soaps, creams, and aftershave products than you can believe. :laugh:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Exactly what I was thinking!
Welcome to the club, David. Glad to have you aboard. It's funny that you use the word "addicted." If you hang around here very long, you WILL become addicted. Before long you will have more razors, blades, brushes, soaps, creams, and aftershave products than you can believe. :laugh:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Welcome, David! With that name I am certain you are both intelligent AND well-groomed!

Welcome. I have no experience with the razor you bought, but I do know that EJ makes some decent starter razors. I wouldn't spend much money on entry level DE razors though. Soon enough you will want something better. Vintage Gillettes are all over the place and they are awesome.

[MENTION=111404]DavidNZ[/MENTION] Welcome to Badger & Blade! It sounds like things are working out for you! I am assuming since you mention going to Australia that the NZ behind your username means that you might be a Kiwi. I just want to bring to your attention that we have a forum specifically for you guys down under. Check out the below link, I am sure you will find good info in there...once again, welcome to B&B!

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/158-Great-Southern-Land-(Australia-NZ)

Hi guys,

Wanted to drop by and first of all thank you all for the great content on this site. This has really helped me make a decision on how to go on.

I decided to grow a beard almost 2 years ago because I got sick of shaving. Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I was coming up to apply for a new promotion. Boss hates the beard so I decided to shave for a better chance. got the promotion (yay).

Then I remembered how much I hated shaving. Always get tugging and razor burn even through my hair growth relatively soft. I just thought this was a normal part of shaving.

So started doing some research after I noticed my barber using a different type of razor.

Last week I bought a cheap DE razor (the Feather one) when in Australia. I got a pack of Astro razors and a boar brush as well as the red Proraso soap. Total price AUD60. This way I thought if I don't like it at least I didn't spend too much.

After reading up endlessly to make sure I wasn't going to do it wrong and getting terrified of cutting myself the time arrived yesterday to try it out.

Firstly - I didn't cut myself! Secondly - the razor burn seems to have disappeared? Thirdly - wow what an amazing feeling. Who knew shaving could feel this good and not hurt. So I'm sold & addicted now! :)
You mean Astra blades?

Top Bottom