What's new

First time XBox owner

I've owned just about every Nintendo and PlayStation System (the only PlayStation I didn't own was PSP, but I did own a Vita). I was planning to get a PS5, but as months dragged on and I struggled to get a PS5, I started looking at the XBox Series X/S. Game Pass Ultimate sold me as a great way to try XBox for the first time, so I bought a Series S last week. All I can say is it's a great system--visuals are excellent (on my 1080p tv) and the speed is awesome--almost no loading screens. If I had a bunch of XBox games on disc, I'd wait to get the Series X--but it seems that's just as hard to find as the PS5.

My only complaint so far is the A/B and X/Y are inverted from Nintendo systems, so when the screen says "Press A" I push B 9 times out of 10; I'm sure I'll adjust eventually.

I'm looking forward to trying a bunch of classic games I've missed (like Halo, Alan Wake, and Banjo Kazooie). Do any of you who play XBox have recommendations on good games to start with? I'm up for trying most games--especially since I'm not out anything for trying as many games as I want.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
My only complaint so far is the A/B and X/Y are inverted from Nintendo systems, so when the screen says "Press A" I push B 9 times out of 10; I'm sure I'll adjust eventually.

1617745243435.png

First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou press "A", no more, no less. "A" shall be the letter thou shalt press, and the letter of the pressing shall be "A". "C" shalt thou not press, neither press thou "D", excepting that thou then proceed to "A". "B" is right out.

Top Bottom